ROM Hack Sun/Moon wrong region?

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Whoops wrong title okay it's the 3DS region that's wrong.

Okay I've noticed using PKHex my downloaded copy of Sun the sub region is wrong while my cart copy of Moon is correct I downloaded Sun via freeshop just confuses me why it's like this even after changing it with PKHex it just goes back to JPN after saving importing the save file. if anyone knows how I could fix this that would be great.

Thanks.

Last edited by AyanamiRei0,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon games are region free, is your DS Japanese? If so that would explain why it reverts back. Alternatively, if you ever used Luma or NTR to region spoof the title turn it off by deleting the .txt file in Luma/locales, or with the Luma config menu.

AyanamiRei0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pokemon games are region free, is your DS Japanese? If so that would explain why it reverts back. Alternatively, if you ever used Luma or NTR to region spoof the title turn it off by deleting the .txt file in Luma/locales, or with the Luma config menu.

My N3DS XL is a PAL console like I've already said it's fine with my copy of Moon a cart copy of it it's just the downloadable ones and to what I can tell it's only Sun that does this oh just to test I downloaded the ticket for Sun from that ticket site and downloaded it from the eshop directly it still does the same thing starts me in Japanese on my PAL 3DS.

Last edited by AyanamiRei0,

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My N3DS XL is a PAL console like I've already said it's fine with my copy of Moon a cart copy of it it's just the downloadable ones and to what I can tell it's only Sun that does this oh just to test I downloaded the ticket for Sun from that ticket site and downloaded it from the eshop directly it still does the same thing starts me in Japanese on my PAL 3DS.
Try use PKSM to change the language.

AyanamiRei0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The language is in the save,might work.

No

VKzNP1M.png

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the region is set by the 3DS itself, nothing else. Even when you region change with NTR or Luma the 3DS region doesn't change via PKHeX, you have to do it manually. Something on your DS is overriding the default region, either that or your motherboard is secretly Japanese or else it would stick when you changed it with the program. BTW you NEVER mentioned in the OP what region your 3DS is. Just because your flag is UK doesn't mean you couldn't have purchased one online from another region....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah you're not listening to what I'm trying to tell you... The title id of SUN specifically, is set by your 3DS one way or another to run the game in the Japanese region. Turn off the region emulation setting in Luma. Like I said, unless it's secretly Japanese that's your problem. Pokemon games are region free so there is no way you just got the wrong region, your DS is FORCING it to run in Japanese.

AyanamiRei0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And the region is set by the 3DS itself, nothing else. Even when you region change with NTR or Luma the 3DS region doesn't change via PKHeX, you have to do it manually. Something on your DS is overriding the default region, either that or your motherboard is secretly Japanese or else it would stick when you changed it with the program. BTW you NEVER mentioned in the OP what region your 3DS is. Just because your flag is UK doesn't mean you couldn't have purchased one online from another region....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah you're not listening to what I'm trying to tell you... The title id of SUN specifically, is set by your 3DS one way or another to run the game in the Japanese region. Turn off the region emulation setting in Luma. Like I said, unless it's secretly Japanese that's your problem. Pokemon games are region free so there is no way you just got the wrong region, your DS is FORCING it to run in Japanese.

Okay I'm just stupid I just remembered when that fake CIA leak was out I tried making it run by setting my region to japanese with in Luma. Man I'm stupid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)