Suggestions For People HAving Problems using backup loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Untouchable757, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Untouchable757
    OP

Newcomer Untouchable757 Advanced Member

United States
    I just wanted to recomend some suggestions to people Having Problems using the new backup loaders.

1. Read the Readme. I know everyone says this but wiigator gives a real easy readme with all his releases.

2. First get the backup loader running through the homebrew channel then try to install another channel and try to use the disc channel

3. Find easy-install packs. I think its Djtaz who has it in his sig but i looked at it and its real noob proof.

4. Burn at slow speeds on good media. Dont go to walmart and buy some cheap ass dvd+r and think your getting a good deal because you will probably get DREs.

5 Use multiple loaders. I would recommend using the Gamma and 0.3b. If one games doesnt work one version doesnt mean it doesnt work period.

6. Install the newest ios. A new ios can determine if a game works or not.

Thats ALl I can think of right now. Also if anybody else has any suggestions just post them

2. Lafie

Member Lafie GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    4. Burning at slow speeds does not guarantee a better burn, burn at the speed the disc is rated for. DVD+R have to be Booktyped before they work in a WII. Verbatim has exceptionally good media, so look for that brand. Look for DVD-R media, instead of DVD+R, so you don't have to worry about booktyping. DVD+-RW media hardly ever work, so steer clear of those.
    5. There are no games that work 0.3b, but don't work on Gamma. Same goes for 0.1; Gamma has to highest compatibility so far, so using multiple loaders doesn't help you much.
    6. When running backups you run them on a custom IOS (cIOS249), so installing the newest IOS doesn't really help much. Installing the newest cIOS249 (revision 7, comes with 0.3gamma) however, is a good idea.

3. Untouchable757
    OP

Newcomer Untouchable757 Advanced Member

United States
    For the last one. Thats what i meant. Installing the newest cios that comes with gamma. Because i used Star Wars Clone Wars and it didn't boot up using the old cios that came with 0.3 but when i installed the newer one it worked on gamma.

Also burning at slower speed does not always guarantee a better burn. You are correct but sometimes burning at the recomended spped does not always work either. I found that out with COD: WAW. I got DRE with 16X speed on a Verbatim DVD-R. Also i only used an example of DVD+R because i know they can be found for a real cheap value