Apple Stuck on apple logo

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was trying to update the facebook app on my ipod and it like stopped half way threw so i rebooted my ipod and now its stuck on the apple screen.has been stuck for about an hour now.Im on 4.3.3 jailbroken and havent synced a single thing with a pc in months since our pc crashed.so i dont want to lose anything...we have a new pc but i didnt know if i could sync with it so i am at a loss of what to do...i dont want to have to restore...help me...

didnt mean to double post...internet lagged.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
Download RecBoot from http://jaxov.com/201...mac-os-x-linux/
And then Connect iPod to computer, allow drivers to install ( may take 5 minutes).
Then when itunes shows ipod in recovery mode window (may need to open iTunes and reconect iPod.
Then shut iTunes and press exit recovery mode, if that doesn't work press enter recovery and wait for iPod to reboot,
After iPod reboots press exit recovery and voila you "should" have a fixed iPod

OR
1. Open up iTunes, plug in your iPod Touch/iPhone to the CPU's USB port. Turn on your CPU's speaker and make sure it is loud enough that you can hear it.

2. Hold down the Home button (top left for iPod Touch and top right for the iPhone with the screen facing you) and the Power button (located on the front bottom of your iPod Touch/iPhone) simutaneously, until the screen goes black and the device turns off. (past the red slider/slide to power off screen)

3. Now let go of the Power button, but continue to hold the Home button. Your iPod Touch/iPhone should have turned off and the screen should not be on.

4. After around ~10-20 seconds, you will hear a noise (beep/ding) from your CPU as if it had just recognized a new hardware device, now iTunes should recognize it in DFU mode.

5. After iTunes recognizes the iPod Touch/iPhone, let go of the Home button otherwise it will go into recovery mode and you will have to do the entire DFU process over again.

6. You will know when you have put your iPod Touch/iPhone correctly into DFU mode when the display is blank and that you do not have anything on your device.

Then Press Kick out of recovery mode with RecBoot.

Also in regards to not be able to sync download app sync, from the installous resources in cydia, and if that doesn't work then download iFunBox from
http://www.i-funbox.com/
And copy files from to and from that.

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
First thing to try is of course a hard reboot, but I guess you've already done that. Next thing to test is:
1. Make sure it's turned off
2. Hold the power button for 3 seconds
3. Now without releasing hold the power and home buttons for 10 seconds
4. Release only the power button, keep holding the home button for 10~15 seconds

Your iPod should go in to DFU mode. Now without going any further, it might already have helped unfreeze it (has for me). If not, plug it in to your computer, get DFU mode running, and see what you can do through iTunes. If you can't get it working without going for a recovery, well, enjoy. It's probably going to be a pain in the butt to backup your apps and other stuff.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
Then Try option 2

OR
1. Open up iTunes, plug in your iPod Touch/iPhone to the CPU's USB port. Turn on your CPU's speaker and make sure it is loud enough that you can hear it.

2. Hold down the Home button (top left for iPod Touch and top right for the iPhone with the screen facing you) and the Power button (located on the front bottom of your iPod Touch/iPhone) simutaneously, until the screen goes black and the device turns off. (past the red slider/slide to power off screen)

3. Now let go of the Power button, but continue to hold the Home button. Your iPod Touch/iPhone should have turned off and the screen should not be on.

4. After around ~10-20 seconds, you will hear a noise (beep/ding) from your CPU as if it had just recognized a new hardware device, now iTunes should recognize it in DFU mode.

5. After iTunes recognizes the iPod Touch/iPhone, let go of the Home button otherwise it will go into recovery mode and you will have to do the entire DFU process over again.

6. You will know when you have put your iPod Touch/iPhone correctly into DFU mode when the display is blank and that you do not have anything on your device.

Then Press Kick out of recovery mode with RecBoot.

Another option is to update to ios 5 from recovery mode and use the tethered jailbreak, which is the better option in my opinion

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Just try to get it into DFU mode, and once you get that far, you'll have an easier time diagnosing...

@Zerosuit
You are confusing CPU with PC. CPU = Central Processing Unit. PC = Personal Computer.

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
What kind of an error? (As specific as possible)
And if you can't get your iPod past the silver logo, in to recovery mode/recognized by iTunes... you may need to take it to an Apple store, and have them check it out.

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Wot... they don't do that. Honestly, they don't care if you've jailbroken it. Most of the "genius" people have probably jailbroken their own devices...

@Joktan, if you can't get it to do anything, take it to Apple. Don't listen to crazy talk about Apple knowing it's jailbroken, it doesn't matter. (Jailbreaking is legal besides). The worst they might do is turn you down, and tell you they can't help you because jailbreaking voids your warranty or something. But it won't hurt to try.

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/wald.JPG
this is what my screen is showing...and after a bit the screen flashes and restarts to the apple again....can i restore without losing my apps kn my ipod?i have like 16 gb worth of stuff and dont want to lose it...

Wot... they don't do that. Honestly, they don't care if you've jailbroken it. Most of the "genius" people have probably jailbroken their own devices...

@Joktan, if you can't get it to do anything, take it to Apple. Don't listen to crazy talk about Apple knowing it's jailbroken, it doesn't matter. (Jailbreaking is legal besides). The worst they might do is turn you down, and tell you they can't help you because jailbreaking voids your warranty or something. But it won't hurt to try.
problem with this is there is not a single apple store within prob 100 miles from me...and ive had it over a year.

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well here's what someone else's recommendation:

"My ipod touch has done this many times!!!!

THE SOLUTION

1: PLUG YOUR IPOD INTO YOUR COMPUTER!!!

2: HOLD THE "HOLD" AND THE "MENU" BUTTON UNTIL THE TOUCH'S SCREEN GOES BLACK AND SHOWS THE APPLE LOGO AGAIN THEN RELEASE THE BUTTONS!!!

3: WAIT ABOUT 5-15 MINUTES!!!

4: YOUR COMPUTER WILL MAKE A "CHIME" SOUND AND THEN THE IPOD WILL SHOW THE LOCKED SCREEN WITH THE BATTERY LOGO...

This works every time for me when my ipod crashes, the screen is stuck on the apple logo or if the screen goes white...

Hope this helps"

So try that, if it doesn't help... say bye bye to your apps.

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here's what someone else's recommendation:

"My ipod touch has done this many times!!!!

THE SOLUTION

1: PLUG YOUR IPOD INTO YOUR COMPUTER!!!

2: HOLD THE "HOLD" AND THE "MENU" BUTTON UNTIL THE TOUCH'S SCREEN GOES BLACK AND SHOWS THE APPLE LOGO AGAIN THEN RELEASE THE BUTTONS!!!

3: WAIT ABOUT 5-15 MINUTES!!!

4: YOUR COMPUTER WILL MAKE A "CHIME" SOUND AND THEN THE IPOD WILL SHOW THE LOCKED SCREEN WITH THE BATTERY LOGO...

This works every time for me when my ipod crashes, the screen is stuck on the apple logo or if the screen goes white...

Hope this helps"

So try that, if it doesn't help... say bye bye to your apps.
I have tried that many times....my pc doesnt even recognize that something is plugged in...about to put in dfu and try to update to ios5...

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been here before. what worked for me was....
- plug in your device to your computer
- hold home and sleep, to force the device to shutdown
- the device will continue to boot itself, so dont wait too long or youll have to try again
- when the screen goes black, wait one second and hold the sleep button for 3 seconds
- while continuing to hold the sleep button, hold the home button and count 12 seconds
- then release the sleep button and continue to hold the home button for 25 seconds

ive had to do this numerous times with my iphone4 on ios5 tethered boot. my phone would randomly shutdown and hang on the apple logo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill