Streaming and virtual console

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by isanchez, Jun 14, 2017.

1. isanchez
    OP

isanchez Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    So e3 is already done with and I'm really durprised that there's still not netflix and youtube apps and worst of all vitual console games are still not going to be released, when do you guys think we'll get this things that we should have gotten since release date?

2. VMM

VMM Hamon > Stand

GBAtemp Patron
    VMM is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 1, 2010
    Brazil
    Don't mean to be rude, but it's pointless to ask when they're coming.

3. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Found this online. Just found the perfect chance to post it. (Don't mean this toward you in a rude way... just found the opportunity comical.)
    [​IMG]

whateverg1012 and Bladexdsl like this.
  4. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    Since their engine isn't versitile and seem to be needed to rewrite everygame to work with the console, it's probably just to wait. Also their game selection (Netflix of retrogames) with Switch Online might be the reason why it's taking longer since people can play coop over the internet.

5. VMM

VMM Hamon > Stand

GBAtemp Patron
    VMM is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 1, 2010
    Brazil
    The point is, the VC van be released anytime, the same could be said about streaming services, If they even get released on Switch.

Thirty3Three likes this.
  6. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Sure!

7. sks316

sks316 GBAtemp's Mewtwo™

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Cerulean Cave
    E3 isn't over yet. There's one more Treehouse.

8. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well if nintendo is starting paid service and netflix is tied to it, I wouldn't bother, last thing we need is to pay for online service to get netflix to work on a game system. I wouldn't mind having a tv app for my cable service provider to watch tv in various wifi hotspots.

As for virtual console, they have to put on something worth buying instead of a bunch of games that run off a cart, sick of seeing only games made before 2000 appear on it, Put gamecube/wii/wiiu/NDS/3DS games on switch or stop bothering with it. We already have emulators for this stuff and are actually programmed a lot better and look better with more custom options. The only actual vc games that was of interest was the wii u GBA ones, since they did offer some sort of additional content even if it was hax or mods like super mario advance 4 e-reader levels or mega man battle network secret chips with no link cable feature. Maybe add online play or wireless multiplayer mode to these things and I'll consider it. The n64 games are also a decent reason to get since not all of them work correctly on emulators that exist right now, most emus are closed to 100% compatibility is just shameful on nintendo to not even try to get a good thing started.

9. isanchez
    OP

isanchez Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    Actually n64 games are the only reason I lile the virtual console and why I'm so impatient to get virtual console, imagine getting mario kart 64 with online play, maybe even pokemon stadium in which you could use your 3ds gen one and two pokemon :rolleyes:

sks316 likes this.
  10. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    you can forget about youtube, browser and Netflix apps nintendo don't care about these. especially the browser due to haxerz

11. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
  12. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    lol don't believe a word Reggie says :lol:

VMM likes this.
  13. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Yes, if nintendo can manage to actually add online modes to vc games that would be interesting but so far that hasn't happened with the 3 systems that has it. especially nintendo DS VC on wii u could use online, if they had games to play like sonic rush or mega man starforce, bleach blade of fate, bomberman, etc.

14. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    I suspect that they're restructuring the VC. I think they realize that people don't want to keep individually buying old games again and again. I got a feeling that the Switch VC system will end up being a Netflix-like service that you just pay for monthly and will have a selection from a ton of old games that you can play to your hearts content that they add to each month. Such a restructuring would explain the delay too.

As to where is Netflix and the Youtube app? Good question, Reggie said they were coming about a month ago, but didn't say when. Maybe it'd be worthwhile to ask customer service reps at Netflix and Youtube if they can say anything about Switch versions of their platforms.