the_joeba

OP
Trophies
Website
www.comicofrevelation.com
XP
Country
United States
So now that the browser is confirmed to play youtube videos, it should be very easy to watch videos from you network.
Needed:
Computer to host webpage/site on a local intranet
Web app that browses pre-determined folders on your hard drive and plays them in a youtube like flash based video player
Program to convert in real time files from divx/xvid/iso/avi/mpg/mov/ect to the .flv format that a flash video player can use
I can see this being a problem becuase we would most likely lose surround sound and picture quality but it would be a start!

I am not a programmer unfortunately, just a graphic designer so I'm not much help in the development.

Ideas to add? Foreseeable problems?

the_joeba

OP
Trophies
Website
www.comicofrevelation.com
XP
Country
United States
I have been streaming regular vids over the xbox for ages, and the 360 has a any video to WMV converter. even more, it is the same thing youtube has (flash video i mean) and unless the video quality is outrageous it shouldn't take more than a few megs of bandwidth I wouldn't think.

zokobahn

Trophies
XP
Country
This sure has some potential!
I recently tried streaming some mp3s from my fileserver and playing them with a Flash Mp3 Player and it worked great.
Me, I'm not much of a coder, but there seems to be some not so complicated and expensive ways to encode .avi to .flv on the fly. http://www.howforge.com/open-source-youtube

But I'm sure there's someone here who'll have a solution up and running in notime!
happy.gif

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I just tried out Orb, and it works pretty nice. The performance is shit, but as a proof of concept it just makes me feel giddy inside, it's the easiest way to scan whole folders of MP3s with ID3 tags and covers (that was pretty cool, but could be taken to the "next level" if it had windows-like "folder.jpg" based-icons for folders), and it plays SOME videos, others just play the first frame only and the audio.

I guess with enough time, it should work well enough. For now, streaming some Nina Simone into my Wii media center is enough
smile.gif

EDIT : just tried weezo, it's very solid as well, also pretty easy to configure, now if only you could view your movies in full screen...

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I can not connect to my weezo account whit my wii!?But with my PC I can!

Actually, you can if you type your computer's IP address instead of weezo.net/yourname. But there's a lot of buggy functionality.
Overall, wait and see. I'm kinda leaning toward Weezo, just because of the VNC thingy.

I tried using WiiVCR today, to no avail. Wouldn't launch, wouldn't install, wouldn't do ANYthing. Anyone here with a taste for tinkering?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay