Strange problem with my Wii...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Koopser, May 23, 2009.

May 23, 2009
  1. Koopser
    OP

Newcomer Koopser Advanced Member

Brazil
    My Wii was working just fine since Thursday, when I downloaded Punch-Out. It loaded and played right for almost the entire day, when, suddenly, it stopped working and not only Punch Out, all games stopped working (even originals). Strangely, Gamecube games, both backups and originals, play just fine, with no errors. Well, I tried everything, deleting japanese save files and the Punch-Out save file. Strangely, after deleting the Punch-Out save file, I popped Tatsunoko vs Capcom in for test, and it worked, but now, it's the only game that runs properly, all other games either don't get past the "wiimote strap screen" or doesn't even show at the Wii Menu at all (giving me the "an error has ocurred" screen).

Edit: I forgot, my Wii has Wiikey 1.9s and 4.0U firmware

Edit2: Now that I checked...when I press HOME while playing Tasunoko vs Capcom, It gives me an English menu...shouldn't it be Japanese?

2. Koopser
    OP

Brazil
    Anybody? I really need some help/opinions before I try any "alternative" repairing.

Just for information, I never installed homebrew channel or anything related to it

3. theotherfreakygu

Newcomer theotherfreakygu Advanced Member

United States
    Did you update with an out-of region game, or maybe install an out of region channel? That might cause problems.
    Check with anytitledeleter to see if you have anything installed you shouldn't have (Check the region letter in its ID)
    Also, did you take a bootmii nand dump you could restore?

4. misteromar

Member misteromar GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Your dvd drive is pretty much dead.

5. Koopser
    OP

Brazil
    Well...I thought about that, but then GC games and Tatsunoko vs Capcom are working, so I don't quite understand how it can be dead... (Especially TvC that has a big roll of movies to load, Opening, Endings and stuff, and it all works properly.)

6. misteromar

Member misteromar GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Mine died while playing Brawl or MK, I tried booting up lots of different games, some would almost work but then conk out. Then I tried GC games and they worked, I think because its much easier for the drive to read the smaller discs.

Try cleaning the lens, if that dosnt work, it cost $120 for repair from Nintendo.