OP
Trophies
Website
mariouniverse.co.cc
XP
Country
Hello.
Recently my wii has been randomly turning off and stuff,
It today randomly turned off and the blue-tooth module has blown and all I get is a black screen no syncing wiimotes either,
It still gets bootmii and stuff,
Also after it randomly turned off it made a clicking sound when I pressed the power button to turn on and then turned back off,
PLZ help.

mariobros1

OP
Trophies
Website
mariouniverse.co.cc
XP
Country
Well its pretty obviously blown(broken) Because I have had one before and fixed it by getting a new bluetooth,

Its not burnt or anything like that but it just doesn't boot to any menu or the press a screen.
I can get to the HBC and run apps with the GC controller but the wiimotes will not sync.
Trying to play games gives a green screen.

I really want to know what could have caused this

mariobros1

OP
Trophies
Website
mariouniverse.co.cc
XP
Country
There is also some hard black resin stuff on the drives chip.
Is it possible someone tried to install a modchip on it before I got it off ebay?.
And could that cause the turning off problem?..

Zworba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
could be far fetched, but since it is your second time and i don't believe in that big of coincidence maybe you should take a look at the surroundings of your wii.

maybe you have some big ass sound system sitting next to it, they contain magnets witch can do weird stuff to electronics.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To be fair, I don't remember seeing a warning saying "Keep away from big ass magnets" in the wii's instructions. Maybe I didn't look hard enough though.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
tueidj said:
To be fair, I don't remember seeing a warning saying "Keep away from big ass magnets" in the wii's instructions. Maybe I didn't look hard enough though.
Do you need an owners manual for everything? The package for toilet paper doesn't tell you how to wipe your ass. Theres common sense with electronics, and if someone doesn't have that common sense then they shouldn't be using electronics.

some people have very small brains and can't cope with think for themselves, that's why there's a manual, they can continue to be a vegetable and rot with the slug they called a brain

mariobros1

OP
Trophies
Website
mariouniverse.co.cc
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
I had a friend visit me from another state. While he was up here he bought a wii and I modded it for him. He went home and after about 3 days the things stopped working. So he went and exchanged it for a new one. A few more days later that one stopped working. Then he mentions to me that he had the wii on his subwoofer box, and I'm like "You're a fucking moron".
Lol that's silly,

Anyway I did find a few magnetic objects around the wii...
Is there any chance they could cause this?.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: