Still no Conduit reviews...

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by acesniper, Jun 23, 2009.

Jun 23, 2009

Still no Conduit reviews... by acesniper at 7:00 AM (7,221 Views / 0 Likes) 107 replies

1. acesniper
    OP

Member acesniper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Anyone know of a dump yet?

2. chrisf

Banned chrisf Banned

United States
    yeah. your mom just took a huge dump.

3. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    nintendo magazine gave it 7.0 i dunno why they hated it.

4. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Okay, yeah, the NP and ONM reviews for The Conduit have been up for a while, but let's set that aside for the moment. Obviously they had exclusive deals with SEGA to publish their reviews before everyone else -- an absolute necessity for print magazines these days. But the game officially releases in the States tomorrow, and still IGN -- perhaps the most-vocal proponent for the game -- has yet to publish their review. Surely the embargos have expired...or have they?

In gaming PR, they often only give sites an express nod to publish reviews early if the reviews are especially favorable. So, why the wait? What do you expect from IGN, Gamespot, GT and others for this game?

5. chrisf

Banned chrisf Banned

United States
    i dont even understand why they would bother publishing a review of a game rated 7 or lower.

i would think they would give at least slightly better ratings than IGN because they want to sell their own games and systems. unless its to get back at them for deciding not to add wii motion plus support and nintendo was counting on the conduit to boost wii motion sales.

6. shadow_14

Newcomer shadow_14 Member

Portugal
    Well, what reasons would exist to delay the reviews? i'm guessing the reviews weren't that good (someting between 6 and 7)
    At least to me, the most important thing is my opinion about the game and i guess i will enjoy it very much and find it between the 8 or 9, since i'm not used to modern fps

7. ridgecity

Member ridgecity GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    Nintendo Power is done by third parties now, The old team is doing something new...

8. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Not surprised by IGN's review. If its from a big publisher and they hyped it up, then the game will get 8+ review. I do hope its as good as they say.

Nintendo Power gave it 8/10 , it was Official Nintendo Mag UK gave it 7.6 which to be honest is a good score. 7.0 means its still good just not great, doesn't mean they hated it, if they hated it it would be lower than 5/10.

German magazine Wii Magazine (so original!) gave it 88/100.

I'd rather have Overlord though, which should be better but wont get as good reviews seeing its not hyped at all.

9. senormojo

Newcomer senormojo Member

United States
    Ign reviewed it gave it a 8.6 out of 10 and said the game is a great game that lasts anywhere from 5 to 8 house but the internet will last for months if not longer

10. justjack

Member justjack GBAtemp Regular

Chile
  11. ReverseFate

Newcomer ReverseFate Advanced Member

Canada
    EDIT: damnit, beaten by a minute!

12. Phazon13

Member Phazon13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes IGN revealed all of HVS's games so you have to think about that. I think as a shooter it's just very mediocre.

13. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    Also the IGN Wii US site has a great big Conduit advert all over the background.

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=86808

14. Bladexdsl

Australia
    i really wish though they would stop making shooters run and gun bring back the good shooter designs like doom with multiple paths, keys, and a shitload of secrets.

15. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    I think C.O.R.E. DS is more like that but it looks shitty. Dementium was the last good FPS (didn't like Moon) that was more like that but minus the secrets.

Seems like that nowadays, there only seems to be a few games that have secrets.

16. Bladexdsl

Australia
    they don't even try anymore it's always 1 path something appears you shoot it than move on. it's been like that since doom 3 and it's never changed in most shooters. even ghostbusters (pc) was like it.

17. blooddrake

Member blooddrake GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    ign posted an review

they gave 8.6

18. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    8.6, that's not bad at all

19. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    8.6 is good.. but HVS has good relations with IGN, all their Wii games were revealed there first hand. So, take it with a grain of salt.

20. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I`ve watched the video review and Matt really pissed me off with his statement about FPS on Wii... His colleague Bozon gave MoH:H2 8.4! He and Bozon praised MoHH2 (in the "other thoughts") and now he is saying something like "...that`s not a port and doesn`t suck!".

MoH was the first game, which did the controls completely right (way better than MP3:C) and it was as ambitious as Conduit was.

Fanboy...