Gaming Steam Hack?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
As I've said before. Connect to the Internet once with Steam and then put it into offline mode.

sean0007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Minox_IX said:
As I've said before. Connect to the Internet once with Steam and then put it into offline mode.

I second that. I have three machines that use steam (sometimes a fourth laptop). All of them are set to offline mode except my gaming rig which I use for playing online.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your computer weighs 50lbs? That's crazy. There are cracks for steam, but again they require steam to be connected to the internet atleast once. You'll need to download the nosteam version of Portal instead.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Your computer weighs too much?

You've got to be kidding me, my computer weighs a little more than 20kg which should be very close to 50lbs and I've carried it 2km just to play over LAN with my friends. 50m is nothing.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, you don't want it bad enough, obviously. >:|

In any case, does the download and go offline thing really work for any game? :wtf:; I downloaded a 'crack' for steam before but it just sucks, a lot. Doesn't let me download every game, and has problems with some, -tries the offline mode-

dark42

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get an emulator called UCL (Universal Content Launcher). Google it, you'll find it. Don't use SteamEmu, its purpose is to make non-steam standalone games, what you want is an offline Steam replacement emulator/GCF launcher. You can also try Steam-Buster Revolution Orangebox, although it is no longer updated, UCL has more features, etc. All of these are virus-free, I have been using many of these for years.

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
playallday said:
Guys, I can't get the computer on the internet at ALL.

What I can't do and why:

1. Wireless costs too much (like $50).
2. Wired is too much of a pain and costs too much ($30+)
3. Can't move the computer easily. It weights like 50 LBS.
i got a simple solution, if you go to school you can probably find some ethernet cables which you can prob take/steal.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Edgedancer said:
I dont know why but when I downloaded Portal, I did not need steam at all. Just install and play with no issues at all.
I'm assuming you mean a pirated copy of Portal. I've also used a pirated copy of Portal and it works perfectly without Steam.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
well, buy a cheap nintendo wifi USB adapter, and use the XP hacked drivers from G6team's mirror to make it into a router.
Plug it into a different computer thats connected, and you're set!

Thats how I registered mine...
except my laptop has an integrated graphics card... so I can't play it...

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Minox_IX said:
Edgedancer said:
I dont know why but when I downloaded Portal, I did not need steam at all. Just install and play with no issues at all.
I'm assuming you mean a pirated copy of Portal. I've also used a pirated copy of Portal and it works perfectly without Steam.
Yep. You are right there. It is a pirated version of the game.

dark42

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Edgedancer said:

It had the REVOLUTiON emulator applied to it already. All stand-alone pirated releases do.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dark42 said:
Edgedancer said:

It had the REVOLUTiON emulator applied to it already. All stand-alone pirated releases do.
I had no idea about that. TC, please disregard my previous statement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/f8gq43e