Hacking Starting several SD applications from USB stick?

RPG Hacker

OP
Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well I had the problem that recently the SD Card Slot on my Wii broke. Whenever I insert an SD Card it just says, that no SD Card is inserted. No matter which one I try! However, thanks to some help here at GBA Temp I was able to install a LoadMii Channel on my Wii. So now I'm able to start Homebrew from my USB stick. The problem: There are several applicatins which only start up if you have them on an SD Card. And some of them are actually really important to me. Especially MPlayerWii CE. It is the best Media Player for the Wii I've tried so far and I really like. Even though it is able to start movies that are stored on an USB device, if I start the application itself from an USB device it tells me, that the application has to be stored in "SD:\apps\". But of course without a working SD Card Slot that is impossible. So my question is, if there is any way to start MPlayerWii CE or any other SD only homebrew from an USB device? This is probably a stupid question. But I really don't want to send my Wii to Nintendo. But I also really need my Homebrew. Hope someone can help me.

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The paths are hardcoded in mplayer ce, you would have to edit the source and compile a version that loads from the usb. Shouldn't be all that hard. Or it is. I dunno.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b