Hacking Star Wars Force Unleashed does not work

Vorge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the latest Cios and Backup Launcher Gamma and system update 3.3U. When I try and play Force Unleashed it doesn't work. The compatibility matrix said it should so I'd like some help. I've really been looking forward to playing this game so this is getting on my nerves.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
you need BC.exe or Backup creator GUI and patch the game it should work I have a patched one that i use burned it a 16x with Image burn on a maxell dvd-r I have no mod chip I only use Wiigators gamma backup loader on my USA 3.3u console. If you have already tried the right steps and it does not work you may want "obtain" a new iso..

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have it and it works for me when i was on 3.3u now on 3.2u and it still works
biggrin.gif

waninkoko rev 7
backup loader 0.3 gamma
game was patched with backup creator v1

evilkarma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't working for me either:
0.3gamma
3.4U firmware
1:1 NTSC-U region
6x verbatim dvd-r

I think it's not working because of wii firmware - anyone got it working on 3.4?

Vorge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried that GUI patcher thing but still no luck. Now I have two copys of Star Wars and none work.

Posts merged

Matt93 said:
Works fine for me. I made my own 1:1 backup myself and burned it.
Really, could you host it on rapidshare or something and send me the link? I've wanted to play that game ever since it came out.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm sorry. I don't want to upload illegal files. Couldn't you just borrow it from a friend and make yourself a copy or something? How did you get the game in the first place? Bittorrent?

thawkins1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For the last time BURN YOUR GAMES AT 4X OR 8X a lot of people have problems burning with other speeds, also check the disc and burn at the speeds that is supported by the disc!

evilkarma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matt93 said:

Question is are you using 3.4U firmware? I think OP is trying to burn a downloaded copy, not 1:1 and that's his prob, but i've got the game rented and trying to back it up with no success. It's even not clear on the compatibility page if it works with 3.4 cuz in the notes for it there's this "Disc Read Error in Beta, also in system menu 3.4 "

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the system menu you are on does not in any way affect launcher compatibility (assuming you have all the IOS you need, like 37). system menu information should be removed from such information until such a time that it becomes relevant, which is not now.

evilkarma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hardcopi said:
Didn't work for me either until I installed the retry version of Cios. Then it works fine.

Tried twice to install cios36rev7 with read retry fix but it fails with error "-2011", both wifi and wad . Do I need to remove IOS249 or how did you install it?

Vorge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found a different ISO. Hopefully it will work. I'll try burning at 2.4x. I usually burn at that speed and my games come out great. Could the problem be that I burned at 2x instead of 2.4?

Jabba1701

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i had trouble getting this to work too (with 3.4). it just so happened that this was the first one i tried after installing a loader. i had no luck and got the same error after an hour or two of mucking about. I finally found this thread and found IOS16 as instructed in the instructions and it works!

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
evilkarma said:
Matt93 said:

Question is are you using 3.4U firmware? I think OP is trying to burn a downloaded copy, not 1:1 and that's his prob, but i've got the game rented and trying to back it up with no success. It's even not clear on the compatibility page if it works with 3.4 cuz in the notes for it there's this "Disc Read Error in Beta, also in system menu 3.4 "
It works fine for me, im in 3.3v1. You should burn it at 2x, its the most recomended burn speed cause its less probable you get a read error. Also you dont have to patch anything, 1:1 works just like the original. Now it would be usefull if you tell us what firmware are you at,and what region is your disk from. About the matrix, apparently someone didnt got it working using gamma in new system menu 3.4.

An NTSC Iso of The Force Unleashed works fine in a NTSC system under firmware 3.3 and below using gamma + cIOS rev 7 and burning at

Vorge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a new ISO. Its NTSC and I burned at 2.4x like I do for all my other games that work. And guess what? IT DOESN'T WORK!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You need a Tylenol pm