Stange problem with my R4

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by alchemy121, Sep 29, 2009.

Sep 29, 2009
  1. alchemy121
    OP

Newcomer alchemy121 Newbie

Canada
    Hi, I've been using my R4 without problems (other then manually patching games) for nearly a year now. Over the last three months, I've stopped playing my DS. I've made a list of some issues currently happening:

1) I started playing again today, only to find out that my R4 doesn't work sometimes. More then half the times I turn on my DS, it goes to the official DS homepage, not the R4's.

2) When it does go onto the R4 loading screen, a couple of times I've had it not being able to read the contents of the Micro SD card (Kingston 2GB). I know I have the official 1.18 patch for the R4 on it, as it works most of the times.

3) A side question; when I try to copy data from my R4 to my PC, it nearly finishes, then an error message comes up saying the resource couldn't be found. I refresh the removable disk slot belonging to my Micro SD, to find that all the files have disappeared. When I take out the USB for the Micro SD card and re-insert it, all my files come back up. Anyone have a clue as to how to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance for all your help.

2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    I'll see what I can do.

1) This happened with me, it could be a problem with the contacts. What I did was simply blow into the DS which usually sorted the problem.

2 and 3 sound like a problem with the micro SD card. Back up everything on your card and format it with the Panasonic formatter. Also ditch 1.18 and use Ysmenu it's more stable and using the latest unofficial DSTT firmware it'll give you better rom support.

3. alchemy121
    OP

Newcomer alchemy121 Newbie

Canada
    How would I go about cleaning them?
    As for the Ysmenu, I am planning to complete this process, but I just wanted to copy all the files off my R4 to my PC before I did anything.

4. JesseB

Member JesseB GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It sounds like your problem is with your micro Sd and not your R4. Try reformatting your sd card with this program

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6603

If that doesn't fix try to borrow another sd card to see if it's just the card that's acting up.