Hacking SSBB Jap to English Conversion? Probably not.

beano311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE, do not take this out of context like I've seen so many time from newbies regarding Brawl information... This is NOT CONFIRMED at all, and does not suggest that it is possible in anyway, so DO NOT post this in any other thread as fact. Thank you.
I remember reading in another thread that there were English files on the Jap disc for text. Now that there is a program out to decrypt and re-encrypt Wii ISOs (WiiTools v0.2b can now handle re-encryption), would it be possible to switch the file names and have it load the English text? I don't know what the files were exactly, but someone asked the same question before we had the ability to encrypt the ISOs. Has anyone tried this, or can anyone that has an SSBB dump (DL or SL) on their PC run WiiTools or WiiBrowse on it and look through the file list? I was going to check last night, but TehSkeen was down and I couldn't find the GUI program (WiiBrowse) anywhere else.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is that 4 real?
A tool is released to repack the iso?
Yes but not resign. Therefor this will not work. It can however help to allow you to remove the update partition (I thin
smile.gif
)

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well at least its moving again.
Now i just hope a resigner will be released soon
smile.gif

Then its hello homebrew..
Signing can be done by the Wii. Once homebrew is released / made one can sign whatever one wants. AFAIK in any case
wink.gif
. Homebrew is already there. Now 'they' are just looking for a way to get it to everyone else beside 'them' by using this Zelda exploit
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw