Splinter Cell Blacklist

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by the_randomizer, Dec 1, 2013.

1. the_randomizer
    OP

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I just noticed it was on sale on Steam for $30 instead of $60, which I think is a good deal. Should I wait to see if it goes down even more before the Autumn Sale ends or during the Steam Winter Sale? I know this game isn't as good as the original trilogy, but I know it's better than Conviction ever was. Do you guys recommend that I get it for half price for the PC?

2. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    The game is good, it would be a worthy purchase for $30, not sure if it's been in the Flash Sales yet, but if it gets in there then it may go down to 66% or 75% off instead of the 50% that it's on now.

the_randomizer likes this.
  3. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    The game probably won't go to more than -50% this sale, maybe, just maybe, it'll go under 50% this Christmas, but that's a big maybe.

I'd say wait till it gets lower, and grab other deals that are more worthwhile/to your liking.

the_randomizer likes this.
  4. the_randomizer
    OP

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

But the game itself is more like the older ones and less like Conviction right?

5. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    There's always the other side of "acquiring" the game through other means and dropping the cash when you find an appreciable sale. It kind of depends on how you see your money and when it deserves to go to the developers, publishers, and the go-between seller.

6. the_randomizer
    OP

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

I know what you mean :P Gameplay wise, is the game better than Conviction? I found that game to be too short and anticlimactic.

7. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    All I know is Adam Sessler pretty much was jerked off over the game, but he seems easy to please as well (Saint's Row IV apparently blew his mind). I think my brother enjoyed the game.

8. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    I don't see myself ever playing it. I'm upset they changed from the grizzled, old, Ironside to some baby-faced new guy. It's not the Sam Fisher I came to enjoy.

9. the_randomizer
    OP

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

No, that's true, it's not the same as it once was unfortunately. As long as it isn't super short.

10. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    I think I could've gotten on board if they moved to a new character (such as one of the Splinter Cells in training from Chaos Theory) instead of ruining the character that is Sam Fisher. He was already pushing retirement all the way back then, why not just move on?

11. the_randomizer
    OP

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

I dunno, I was just trying to find out if it was worth the $30 is all...

12. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    Yeah, I guess this isn't the place for my rant. Sorry.