Sony Gamescon Info Dump

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I first glanced at the title of this I thought it read "Sony Gamecube info" and I was like...wat.

But cool, at least the Vita is getting games. WHERE'S YOUR ARGUMENT NOW SONY HATERS?

"Sony has no good games"

I'm currently taking bets to see how long it takes for soulx to change his "vita sux" argument to this.

Reactions: 2 people

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
But cool, at least the Vita is getting games.

With the problem for you being that I have your Vita, and am enjoying it immensely, so you will not be having it back. :yaypsp:
GIMMIE :angry:

Lol nah I don't want it back. I'll end up buying one again in maybe a year a two along with a 3DS, maybe they'll both finally have a bunch of good games.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I always supported the Vita from a meritorical stand-point simply because I knew it has all it takes to become the ultimate handheld - the specs, the input methods, dual sticks (and I mean sticks, not sliders!), cameras and whatnot, even though I haven't played it. Now that I recently had a chance of enjoying Gravity Rush on it, the first words I spoke once I was done were "I want this beast... what a beast...". As far as the upcoming titles are concerned, Call of Duty alone will make the units fly right off the shelves - there's a bright future ahead of the handheld, it just needs time to build up a library.

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game looks fun, I can't say I was into their LBP games (the games themselves were bleh for me but level creating was great) but this game looks promising and something the Vita could do with.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NK6_QvdxyXQ

...and to think I glanced at this and shot it down for it's artstyle. Day one buy, absolutely.

Reactions: 1 person

mad_gamer_jad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not much interests me here. BlOps looks shit with a framerate of 0.1, Liberation kind of looked underwhelming compared to 3 which is coming out on the same day, and Killzone looks surprisingly good.
Tearaway looks cool I guess, art style looks kind of like a mash between Cubivore and Paper mario which is a bonus to me.

By the way, they already stated the PS3/Vita combo thing with sound shapes, I got both version by buying one

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Watched some of the trailers.

I will never buy this version of CoD. It doesn't look that polished. Besides, I have a PS3 to play BO2 on a 42" HD screen.

I don't really like music games (excluding Hatsune Miku Projects), so Sound Shapes is a definite out.

KZ Vita looks quite solid, but I worry about hand cramps. I might get it.

Tearaway looks TERRIFIC. This is definitely one game I like. It's an insta-buy for me. I really hope there are boss battles in this game.

D

Deleted_171835

I'm currently taking bets to see how long it takes for soulx to change his "vita sux" argument to this.
I wasn't going to post here but I just knew you were going to post one of your snarky comments so why the hell not.

I find it straight-up delusional that everyone in this thread is claiming this is the return of the Vita. The conference hardly changed anything.

Let's break down the conference,

There was only one new game announced for the Vita (not a plethora like people in this thread have been saying) and that was Tearaway. Personally, I think it looks promising and is a solid addition to the Vita's library. It won't sell systems, though.

What else happened then?

We got footage of Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified which frankly looks like shit. PS2-quality textures with better visuals on iOS clones (Modern Combat 3), only 4x4 multiplayer and the final nail in the coffin, it's made by Nihilistic Software.

Assassin's Creed: Liberation has more promise than Call of Duty but there are a number of glaring issues there too. The animation is absolutely horrific (especially compared to the main versions), it's plagued with the same issue as the PSP version with the entire city being pretty much empty (nothing like the bustling cities of the console versions) and touch gimmicks to the max (touch to kill, lol).

We finally got a glimpse of Killzone: Mercenary and that looked pretty good. Aside from QTEs (why, just why?), I like it.

Sony unveiled Cross-Buy (only for Sony titles) which is definitely better than buying two versions for both the Vita or PS3. I don't have issue with that but rather Sony's entire strategy. Who's going to buy a $250 Vita ($300 with mandatory memory card) just to play inferior versions of games they've already played on the PS3? That entire reasoning is flawed.

I know you're going to dismiss all of this as "fanboyism" like you always do but it isn't. It's an objective look at the conference without any of this corporate cheerleading that goes on here.

Rain looks incredibly promising. I really gotta buy a PS3 one of these days (with this, Uncharted and MGS4!)

Reactions: 2 people

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had to delete 3 pages of this topic to make it look like a decent news subject.

Now stop your childish war about fanboy-ism. You are not children anymore.
If you want to argue with each other, use the PM or go to IRC.

Who care who like what and who hate what?
You are not alone here and users and guests visitors are interested in this thread subject, not if you love or hate a game company.
Just talk about the interesting part : the game releases.

Thanks.

Reactions: 4 people

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rain looks incredibly promising. I really gotta buy a PS3 one of these days (with this, Uncharted and MGS4!)
At this point, you might want to wait for the ps4 and see if Sony adds good backwards compatibility this time.

*snip*
That doesn't make sense.
The first version of the PS3 had backward compatibility so the first version of the PS4 will probably have backwards compatibility.
Dropping it in a slimmer version might happen but of course the first edition will be backwards compatible.

I'm gonna get Remember Me for PS3.
Even though thats Capcom.

D

Deleted_171835

At this point, you might want to wait for the ps4 and see if Sony adds good backwards compatibility this time.

*snip*
Not interested in the PS4. It'll likely be more expensive so it makes more sense to just get a PS3.

Next-gen for me will be Wii U + PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol here we go again.