Sonic Mania PS3

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem is psl1ght. it's broken on later versions. I have the same issue with the ps2 sdk and sm64. both work on emulators, just not original hardware. I assume it's the same group, because they're ps2dev and ps3dev who made the toolchain/sdk respectively. the problem with compiling some of this stuff is your packages being too new, so older versions of say the sdk won't even compile anyway, or you encounter other problems. I think I've done pretty well at compiling stuff considering. without instructions on which works, there's almost no way to build the stuff today, unless you never upgraded. I mean the ps2 sdk has over 2,000 commits. no way I'm going through all that for such a dubious outcome.

Reactions: depaul

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks you good news so it's theoretically playable on PS3.
I've already completed this game on PS4/PC but this project is cool! Wish they update the PS3 SDK!
it has issues on the ps3, like it crashes the system when exiting. the issue is mentioned on its github page. it also has no music, letting it run through the demo causes a black screen. those are the only three issues I'm aware of, but there are probably many more. it was updated last night, but it doesn't really say what was updated.

Starry_Night

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it has issues on the ps3, like it crashes the system when exiting. the issue is mentioned on its github page. it also has no music, letting it run through the demo causes a black screen. those are the only three issues I'm aware of, but there are probably many more. it was updated last night, but it doesn't really say what was updated.
Hopefully all the big bugs would get fixed, I would love to play it on my PS3, but don't really understand on how to compile the game.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully all the big bugs would get fixed, I would love to play it on my PS3, but don't really understand on how to compile the game.
It's difficult to compile something that's using old versions of things without modifying the source code. Updates to Sdk's and packages are not how most people see updates, in a lot of cases certain commands or functions are deprecated or in other words no longer valid, so it won't even compile. Some things will, but the sdk version causes unforeseen results. If it compiles, you probably didn't do anything wrong. It's just something wasn't the right version. What exactly, a lot of the time devs don't even know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol