Some "small" Questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by alex, Sep 7, 2008.

Sep 7, 2008

Some "small" Questions by alex at 5:13 PM (544 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. alex
    OP

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Okay I've got a few questions I would like to be answered before I order a WiiClip for the Wii. Here it goes:

I went to Nintendo-Scene to see what my Wii was, and here are my results:

Your Drive Chip is most likely GC2-DMS.
    Your Drive Pins are most likely not cut.

My serial number is: LU1036xxxxx
    Side note: My Wii is from launch, sort of, my parents got it on November 19(day it came out) and waited until Christmas to give it to me.(It came with an extra Wiimote and Nunchuck set! [​IMG])

Does this mean I can order a WiiClip? I want a cheap priced one, just something that'll do it's job. I don't need the BEST out there, as long as it does what it is supposed to.

This is the chip I'm going for. With it pre-soldered on and with a Triwing(I don't have one) it comes to 49.90, if you can find one with the WiiClip and Triwing together that might be a bit better but not too expensive please tell me. And how much is shipping to the US? Like South Texas? And how long?

How easy is it to install? Just clip it on when you hear a click or something then it's on? And what is the risk if it messes up during installation? And where can I get the firmware files?(If of course that is okay to ask...)

Now here are some questions I always wanted to ask:

What makes the Wii not able to play burned games onto a DVD-R? Is it the disc being DVD-R type? Or when someone rips the ISO of the game something goes missing, with the signature check and all?

What happened to the GCN region swap trick? I know Nintendo got rid of it, but using it on an older firmware would it allow you to somehow play a back Gamecube game from another region? Or no?(Please don't flame me...)

That is all for now, but maybe I'll have some more later. [​IMG]

2. samsam12

Banned samsam12 Test

United States
    1. yes, you can use a WiiClip
    2. Firmware 3.3. Only for Trucha Signed games.
    3. no. Downgrading does not effect the MIOS, however, just use the new version of Gecko OS.

3. alex
    OP

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Thanks! Woo!

But wait, by running Trucha signed games I mean running backups without a modchip, like if I had an old firmware... But I'll just try and get a modchip. [​IMG] Thanks!