Some questions about America. Especially Arizona

tijntje_7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I'm looking for people from America. Especially Arizona.
I've got a few questions for geography.
I have to make a big work, as google translate tells me a travelogue.
I have to make a 'vacation' to Arizona America. And write a 'travelogue?' about my journey.
It has to be pretty detailed. And small nice stuff will be rewarded.
That's where your help comes in.
My 'vacation' is for 10 days, one day to America, and one back. Leaving me with 10 days.
Money is no matter.

-Are there any special holidays in Arizona? If yes, what? is/are they worth it to look at?

-When's the wheather the best? I heard it's really hot in the summer.
I don't think a vacation would be fun @ 40 degrees celcius :P

-Anything small, but great to have a look at? Of course, I'm going to visit the grand canyon.
But, is there anything... small? That nobody knows of, except people who live there or been there? Less mass touristic.

-Anything else, that can be of any use for my work? It has to be as detailed as possible (about the landscape, and sorry this sentence might be kinda weird)

Thanks in advance.

And I will probably ask some more questions while I'm working on it ^^

Edit: especially was spelled wrong...

And I want to ask what the fridge you're trying to tell me, Steves334...
I also have to mention that this vacation is 100% in Arizona. I can't go out of the state.

Necoconeco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rewarded? With what? Monies? Lemme remember my PayPal info real quick...

And In America, we have national Holidays we celebrate, not State ones. There isn't some magical Arizona Day where everyone in Arizona gets off work and celebrates.

As far as geography and climate goes, I provided a link.

I prefer award in Dollars. ;o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona

elenar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are many Native American reservations in Arizona.

Historic Tombstone is also somewhat interesting, and so is Flagstaff.

There are several mine sites to visit.

There's several meteoric craters, once of which is a lake and one of which is often used in American movies (although not as much since the 90's) as a backdrop, I've forgotten the name of it but a little research should tell you what the name of it is.

There are several astronomical observatories in Arizona. Some prominent ones are in/near Tucson and Flagstaff, if I remember correctly.

There's an aircraft museum in Tucson that I don't remember the name of, with a multitude of craft to take a look at.

There are many Catholic missions in the state because of the Hispanic population, as well as missions and small chapels of historic value.

There's more, but that's all I can think of for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.