Some noob questions...

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Kitamurin, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Kitamurin
    OP

Kitamurin Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Hello everyone,

I'm writing this because I managed to downgrade my O3DS and install CFW. However I'm such a noob regarding 3ds scene and I have some questions... So I hope you can help me please.

- Can I have both CFW and Homebrew launcher working on my 3DS?
    - Can I play games from other consoles using CFW? (like GBA or sth else) What else can I do using CFW?

Finally...I have a 16gb SD card that I normally use on my 3DS with Homebrew launcher (I have Ironhax and Homemenuhax working on 10.3 before downgrading) and some games I got from the eshop (I made a backup of all the info some days ago). However, I installed my CFW using a 4gb memory card (the one that is included with the console) and I would like to know... Is there a way to transfer everything to the 16gb card? The idea is to have all the stuff on my SD card + CFW installed.

Thanks in advance >___<

2. pofer

pofer GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Spain
    Somewhere around the corner
    1- Yes you can , try using browserhax and then install menuhax / CtrBoot manager to get them all at start by pressing the L button

2- You can , but you'll have to install them to your sysnand using FBI (there should be a tutorial about it somewhere)

3- try using the emunandtool9 (that might work , I'm pretty sure I'm wrong as I have never done it before)

Kitamurin likes this.
  3. KaduPSE

KaduPSE Revolution and cake

Dec 26, 2015
    Brazil
    -Can I have both CFW and Homebrew launcher working on my 3DS?:
    Sure, of course you can. You can do it by using some *hax to boot the HBL like you would without CFW, or, by installing the CIA version of the Homebrew Launcher.
    -Can I play games from other consoles using CFW?
    Natively, you can only play 3DS, DSi and GBA titles from your CFW, but GBA can be very tricky to setup and requires some patches, so you are better installing CIA versions of emulators, check out RetroArch.

About changing your SD, do you have an Emunand setup? If that's the case, then you must backup your Emunand, format the new SD card, create a new Emunand partition on it, restore your backup to the new partition, copy all the files from the old SD to the new one. Your PC won't show the Emunand partition and files by default, I recommend using "3DS multi emunand creator" it's somewhere here at GBATEMP.

Kitamurin likes this.
  4. pofer

pofer GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Spain
    Somewhere around the corner
  5. jaksy

jaksy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2014
    United States
    Kitamurin likes this.
  6. Kitamurin