Hacking Some help for a NDSi Noob?

Gaskie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I've decided to surprise my GF with a DSi for Christmas and bought (what I assumed was an original) R4i card to go with it. After much messing around with various versions of the kernel I finally managed to get it working using 1.12b and now it seems to load games ok.

Is this all I need to do? I'm seeing loads of stuff about YSMenu but not sure if I should be using it, and if I should, which version. Also, did I get scammed with a crappy clone?

Is there anything else I should be putting on the card that you guys can recommend?

Thanks a lot for the help people, I appreciate it.

Gaskie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WarioN64 said:
Its fake and YSMenu0903270000 with TTMenu 1.17a7 is recommended.

Thanks, I'll look in to getting both of these. When I've downloaded them do I just dump all the files on the root of my storage card on top of what's already there, or is it worth formatting before I do?

Also will the fact that it's a fake cause me any problems or should it work ok?

Thanks a lot guys.

Gaskie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaskie said:
WarioN64 said:
Its fake and YSMenu0903270000 with TTMenu 1.17a7 is recommended.

Thanks, I'll look in to getting both of these. When I've downloaded them do I just dump all the files on the root of my storage card on top of what's already there, or is it worth formatting before I do?

Also will the fact that it's a fake cause me any problems or should it work ok?

Thanks a lot guys.

Update - I followed the massive stickied FAQ to get both of these things installed but every time I try to load the DS is just has a white screen with "MENU?" on it. Any ideas? :S

If all else fails I'll put the 1.12b thing back on just to get it working, but it all looks a bit shitty.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
try these steps:use a2h generator/Depravo's modified r4ysauto and 1.17a12 reformat your sd card too,after it generates your files,put it into your sd card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i love sigma meals, skibidi slicers!!