Solderless chip help?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Tux', Apr 6, 2009.

1. Tux'
    OP

Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2009
    Canada
    The flat lands.
    I'm thinking about getting a modchip for my wii, but I want a solderless one and will they work on 4.0U? Yes, I was stupid enough to update. What can modchips do exactly? Would I be able to get VC games for free with a modchip?

EDIT: I found a cheap modchip. Argon 2 would it work on a 4.0 wii with the serial number LU579?

2. Shuny

Shuny I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz

Nov 15, 2006
    France
    Somewhere in the world
    You should make 5 topics, 3 isn't enough to get an answer.

3. Tux'
    OP

Feb 8, 2009
    Canada
    The flat lands.
    O shit, sorry I have a laggy internet connection. Total accident I'm sorry [​IMG]

4. koji2009

koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    No, modchips do not allow you to put wads on your system. If you don't have a custom IOS already installed on your wii you will NOT be able to install wads at all until someone finds either a new signing bug in the current IOS, or finds a way to official sign the IOS in such a way that the wii will allow you to install them as if they came straight from ninty.

5. Tux'
    OP

Feb 8, 2009
    Canada
    The flat lands.
    So, I'll be able to play backup games, but not be able to play VC games, okay, I get it now, thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice