Hacking Softmodding using the guide.

bagpuss22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HI there,

I have just been given a Wii to softmod and have been using your guide, excellent work!!

I have used this guide a couple of times without problem until today.

I have used the "up42e" to upgrade the Wii to 4.2, and this worked fine.

The problem was using the "42mod".

I have run the Hombrew channel and installed the IOS236 without problem but when, I
come back into Homebrew and, then try and run the YAWM Multimod batch, this crashes and
code dumps EVERY time.
unsure.gif
:-(

Any thoughts appreciated.

BP22

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
at the end of the installation ios 236 asks a question with two possible answers if you said that not for piracy then it installed if other .....

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bagpuss22 said:
HI there,

I have just been given a Wii to softmod and have been using your guide, excellent work!!

I have run the Hombrew channel and installed the IOS236 without problem but when, I
come back into Homebrew and, then try and run the YAWM Multimod batch, this crashes and
code dumps EVERY time.
unsure.gif

BP22

Did you format the sd card before copying the files over? Regardless, I am uploading another mod pack. Download 42modman, run YAWMMM, select ios 236, select sd card, select all wads by holding the + for 3 seconds and see if they install. If they still don't, run syscheck (included in the filepack). And post the contents of the resulting file (on the sd card).

duells said:
i am having the same prob.

Same as above.

QUOTE(zizer @ Dec 12 2010, 09:11 AM)
at the end of the installation ios 236 asks a question with two possible answers if you said that not for piracy then it installed if other .....

They are using an automated version of the 236 installer, so that isn't the problem.

-Erik

zorglups

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
burritoboy9984 said:
bagpuss22 said:
HI there,

code dumps EVERY time.
unsure.gif

BP22

Did you format the sd card before copying the files over? Regardless, I am uploading another mod pack. Download 42modman, run YAWMMM, select ios 236, select sd card, select all wads by holding the + for 3 seconds and see if they install. If they still don't, run syscheck (included in the filepack). And post the contents of the resulting file (on the sd card).

QUOTE(duells @ Dec 11 2010, 12:33 PM) i am having the same prob.

I had the same issue (dump) and using the 42modman made the trick.

Thank you !!!

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you guys answer me a quick question? When you used the 42modman, did you have to select the ios and sd card? Or did it automatically select those for you? Just trying to narrow down the reason for the exception.

-Erik

zorglups

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As far as I remember, I only long pressed the + to select all IOS and everything else was already correctly selected.
Ooooppsss. It was late last night :-/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...