Hacking Softmii 0.9.5 with no internet?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You'd have to find what files the AnyRegionCharger they have in the install file uses, including the Starfall hacks it installs and then install all those files from .wads. Its probably possible but I have no idea how to check or get what files the ARC version uses. And you need it for it to work.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
Is there any way to fully install without wifi on my wii? also...

1. Can it even complete the process without it and

2. If it can, what features will be missing from it?

I'm on 3.3U, if that matters.

Not that I know of, Cios Downgrader and ARC both uses the internet.
Cios Downgrader will get you down to 3.2U. I believe it can be used without internet. It's in the TUT.
ARC install from a Nintendo Server and has the codes for "Free Region". This needs the internet.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok. thanks for the replies. I'll just wait for Softmii 1.0 and then bring my wii to my friends house and do it....

BL Gamma will have to do for now....
happy.gif

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
installing without a net connection would be pretty sweet. my internet is so flakey im scared to try it on my sisters wii.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't touch my siblings stuff if I could break it... unless they asked of course and then I would ask for some kind of payment
biggrin.gif

If you think your internet is flaky, find a webpage that loads pretty quickly, then refresh it every 10 seconds for like 5 minutes. If you can do that without losing connection then I think you can probably try using the Wii's internet.

And my power went out when I was installing SoftMii and I had no problems, I just had to restart.

blitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is internet connection *only* required to downgrade to 3.2?

If so, I'm on 3.3E would installing the following 2 wads downgrade this PAL machine?
IOS30-64-v1040.wad
SystemMenu-v290.wad

AGAIN: this was a PAL machine, also, like MicShadow reminds below...ios30 FIRST! (see my next post below for 3.3Ev2 extra info)

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@blitter
QUOTE said:
Is internet connection *only* required to downgrade to 3.2?

If so, I'm on 3.3E would installing the following 2 wads downgrade this PAL machine?
IOS30-64-v1040.wad
SystemMenu-v290.wad

Make sure you install the IOS first!

And yes, only other thing you would miss out on is the ARC 'starfall like' hacks. To fix that I just installed the Rescue menu (Y Button) hack in starfall, then proceeded to install the rest of SoftMii. The rest of the starfall hacks are installable with Preloaders hacks.ini
As my internet is flaky at the moment also

blitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Phew! Got there in the end, at least with the downgrade (think I'll wait a little for Softmii...maybe v1.0!).

Seems I was on 3.3Ev2 the Oct23rd sticky helped (IOS16-64-v257-prod, and cios_fix.wad). I was also quite paranoid and let the Wii reset after installing ios30, before installing ios30 once again and then v290 followed by letting it reset once more...holding breath...
smile.gif
3.2E
smile.gif

Now, time to get Starfall on - cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up