Hacking SoftChip Backup Loader

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i have the sims 2 : castaway NTSC running on my pal console without patching with the channel for rev 13 but if i try it on R34 it just gives me a green screen ... probably because it now reads the regioj form the wii ... reading from the disk was better cause you can use games from other regions ...

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Yep, reading the region from wii seems a bit backwards - most games green screen if you try to force them into a different videomode so many imports will no longer work. Reading from the disc seems the sensible way to do it.

luccax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know if it's my console, but r34+ is totally broken here, can aynone confirm?

Edit: Found the problem, having no SD card on the wii breaks everything...

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kornychaos said:
Forgive me if this has been answered...
Do users with mod-chips need any special configuration?

I ask because I have an NTSC Wii, 3.3U (+Wii Shop and IOS51 installer), and SoftChip r34.
Though, I also have a Wiinja Deluxe Limited Edition mod-chip inside my Wii.
Oh, and I have cIOS read-retry installed as my custom IOS in conjunction with Homebrew Channel Beta 9.

I have backup games (none are decrypted, all are 1:1 backups made onto Verbatim discs) which
fail to get read by SoftChip. I get the following error: "[-] Error opening partition" on all games.
I didn't try any retail non-backed up games, but I assume the mod-chip would be the issue.

Once again, I searched around, but nothing of relevance has came up, and the issue has been mentioned, albeit,
not quite answered and the user was told it was a decrypted game (mine were burned before the loaders existed.)
QUOTE(abel09 @ Nov 9 2008, 10:50 PM) y the hell do u want a backup loader if u all ready have a modchip???
Simple, I wanted to help out with the testing process of the many many games I already own.
As well, testing the Wii's reading versus a SoftChip is something I've always wanted to do, since, I have a few Dynex disks which
don't work by default on the Wii (DRE), but since the SoftChip is reading @ 3x and may work different using DVD calls, it may work.
I'm just curious, and there's nothing wrong with that at all, but if SoftChip ever plans on 'hooking' to the main disc loading channel,
something would make me assume that it would eventually have support for retail (1:1) disks.

I know in the past there were modchip firmware upgrades for better media detection, well, who says the SoftChip doesn't have better than a modchip?
There's absolutely no rush for this, I was just wondering if this was the issue in my case, if you must know. [=
Once again, thanks to all the developers and those testing the issues.

Dr.Tenma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I have a little question not really related to this thread, but important for me(others ?).Do people that has modchip on their Wii burning on DVD-R/DVD+R only or either on DVD-RW/DVD+RW ?
It's just to know if it'd be possible to use RW dvds in future.
Thank's in advance !

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
pelago said:
kanoeyes said:
this loader does not work with jap games?
i have an european wii and i have used 1:1 oneichanbara revolution and did not work, why?
SoftChip only works with games from the same region as your Wii.

I loaded Fatal Frame 4, Sky Crawlers (with the eject disc error), and Basara 2 with SoftChip, I don't know why people still saying it doesn't load different region games. BTW mine is a NTSC-U Wii.

EDIT: If there any interested, I make a new icon for SoftChip, hope you like it =)

icon.png

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
if you use the R34 or 35 it will load only games for the region of your wii for example : i can load sims 2 casaway NTSC on my PAL console with R13 but with R34/35 it hangs on the green screen ...

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dr.Tenma said:
I have a little question not really related to this thread, but important for me(others ?).Do people that has modchip on their Wii burning on DVD-R/DVD+R only or either on DVD-RW/DVD+RW ?
Thank's in advance !
DVD+RW may damage your Wii DVD Drive. Only use DVD-R and DVD+R(DVD-ROM booktype for these one)

luccax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
nicksasa said:
if you use the R34 or 35 it will load only games for the region of your wii for example : i can load sims 2 casaway NTSC on my PAL console with R13 but with R34/35 it hangs on the green screen ...
Not exactly, r34+ loads my NTSC copies (PAL console). Some games may get green screen when setting video mode to other than its mode...

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
Sonic4Ever said:
Dr.Tenma said:
Thank's in advance !
DVD+RW may damage your Wii DVD Drive. Only use DVD-R and DVD+R(DVD-ROM booktype for these one)

Why would DVD+RW damage your Wii Drive? It either works or it doesn't!

sum182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, with the latest softchip my ntsc wii can still read pal games. Even COD5...till it reaches the error lol

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Patryc said:
Sonic4Ever said:
Dr.Tenma said:
Thank's in advance !

Because it wasn't made for a such use. At long term, your Wii drive will be damaged and won't read discs like SSBB anymore. Happened to a friend before.

Dr.Tenma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Sonic4Ever said:
Patryc said:
Sonic4Ever said:
Dr.Tenma said:
Thank's in advance !

Because it wasn't made for a such use. At long term, your Wii drive will be damaged and won't read discs like SSBB anymore. Happened to a friend before.
I heard that only DVD+R damage the wii's dvd drive, am i wrong ?

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr.Tenma said:
Sonic4Ever said:
Patryc said:
Sonic4Ever said:
Dr.Tenma said:
Thank's in advance !

I heard that only DVD+R damage the wii's dvd drive, am i wrong ?
This is all nonsense. How can you prove a certain type of disc damages a drive? A bad media could in theory damage a drive if the laser is working too hard... but that could apply to poor dvd-r media too. Most of the time the media just won't work. Normally best to stick to DVD-R because the wii drive seems most compatible with them.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
Guys can we get back on topic please...

How is testing going for r36. I have r35 installed and so far so good. I changed my disc region to PAL since most of my games I am downloading are PAL versions. However I have been caught up playing COD5 on Waninkoko's loader so a little behind testing Softchip.

Does anyone have an Softchip r36 uploaded to try out?

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OriginalHamster said:
I loaded Fatal Frame 4, Sky Crawlers (with the eject disc error), and Basara 2 with SoftChip, I don't know why people still saying it doesn't load different region games. BTW mine is a NTSC-U Wii.
That's because Japanese games are NTSC.
The correct thing to say would be that Softchip can't load games that use a different video mode.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cdreams said:
Guys can we get back on topic please...

How is testing going for r36. I have r35 installed and so far so good. I changed my disc region to PAL since most of my games I am downloading are PAL versions. However I have been caught up playing COD5 on Waninkoko's loader so a little behind testing Softchip.

Does anyone have an Softchip r36 uploaded to try out?
r35 is just a Credits file changed. There is nothing in the DOL that is different.

And I always have releases at:
http://ratm.net63.net/SoftChip.zip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Maybe a ghost writer?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Oh my God the graphics are so realistic looking." Lol of course it was the shiznit back then tho.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never stood in line overnight or for hours, to buy anything. I can just wait and buy it later.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I have never done that either.
    closest ive done is getting to target a couple hours early in the moring to get some amiibos.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust...