Homebrew Discussion Soft mode for 2.x & 3.0 & 4.X

MonMonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I was thinking users on 2.x - 3.0 and 4.x can actually have a soft mode right now if there is some talanted developer can develop a hombrew app that could be lunched throught pegaswitch..and crash the syatem to get it into RCM right?
Is it possible guys? Am not expert so i wanna know your thoughts about it

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Just shareing a point and wanted to know how far we are from achieving this

I was just thinking with the tools that already exists we might see something soon!
There are always possibilities but instead of searching for new vulnerabilities developers work on existing entry points. I'm sure that there's much potential and we'll never find all vulnerabilities. I guess this or next month we will also have something for lower firmware.

MonMonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
There are always possibilities but instead of searching for new vulnerabilities developers work on existing entry points. I'm sure that there's much potential and we'll never find all vulnerabilities. I guess this or next month we will also have something for lower firmware.
Okey then sound great

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a total of 3 ways of entering RCM.
  1. Preventing the BCT from working. This is already accomplished via Briccmii but can also be done by removing the eMMC from your Switch (aka its NAND)
  2. Shorting pin 10 while holding vol + and power
  3. Set bit 2 of PMC scratch register zero. On modern firmwares, this requires EL3 or pre-sleep BPMP execution.
I'd imagine whatever software can boot into RCM would have to do number 3. But I think Deja Vu's web-based code execution is as good an alternative to using a jig and USB cable to load hacks. At the very least, it keeps your pins safe and makes the exploit not physically tethered.

Source:http://misc.ktemkin.com/fusee_gelee_nvidia.pdf

Reactions: MonMonz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-