So which is more pathetic

blueraja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So which is more pathetic the people buying 4-5 consoles to resell of on ebay and craigslist or the people stupid enough to pay insane prices for them. The ps3 at least has the planned scarcity behind it, the wii...geez people there are more shipping next week.

Right now on ebay there are 18,000 ps3's and 27,000 Wii's thats current not whats already sold. I actually swung by my local target for a Wii last night. I was in line for about an hour, talked to a father and his son a few people behind me, the kid was around 9-10 and was wearing a really cool yoshi t-shirt after talking to them I knew they were fans. By the time we got to our turn in line the jackass in front of me bought 3 of them, there were 2 left. I ended up just dropping out of line so the kid behind me would be sure to get one and figured those in line wanted one far worse than I did. Who knows maybe I let myself get scammed and the father and son are going to try to cash in with theirs too, but at least I can sleep well tonight.

Im a big believer in karma and opportunistically ripping people off is about as sad as it gets imho. Of course the suckers willing to pay stupid amounts of money for being able to play a game a few days earlier than someone is worse. I guess in the end the suckers get what they deserve to bad the same isnt generally true for the greedy bastards.

As well I can always hope nintendo restocks faster than most of the scammers can move their inventory. Im going to try again next week but who knows. Its only games, I guess im just not hardcore anymore, but there isnt anything out I cant wait a week or two for.

Mchart

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll tell you whats pathetic -

People waiting in line for days not working, not getting an education, all so they can spend $600 on an entertainment device. Don't mind the fact that there are hundreds of thousands of people who wish they had the money to not work for week, let alone a day. Everyone who waited in line to buy this thing has major entitlement issues. Be glad you have the bankroll to do jackshit for a few days. Thats something some people will never be able to do in their entire lifetime.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
nice that you dropped out of line so the kid could get a wii.

and on ps3's.. I think anyone getting a ps3 is already pretty stupid, and anyone willing to pay more than the retail price is a complete retard

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Answer: Equally pathetic.

I don't like opportunistic ebay resellers, they're a rising norm we don't need.
& anybody who'd pay twice the price of an already overpriced console is a fool.

..and good for you, stepping out of line for the kid behind.
You get 10,000 brownie points for that!

animalsex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What could possibly be pathetic about buying low and selling high, it's not like the stock market and most of our economy is based around that concept.

It is simply someone paying you to wait in line for them. Call it an odd job if you will.

By far it's the buyers. No contest.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Supply and demand. That's all there is to it.

Well, you explain it to little Timmy
sad.jpg

animalsex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Timmy: in real life daddy won't buy you everything and you can't always get what you want. Good luck out there.

edit: now let's explain it to all of the businesses that the places you buy these systems from make bankrupt.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Supply and demand. That's all there is to it.

Well, you explain it to little Timmy

I completely fail to see your point. If, for whatever reason, the retailer is not able to supply you with something, then that's it. You can't always have whatever you want because there's a limit as to how much is available. Accept it and move along.

... would you rather have preferred restrictions on reselling, preventing people from doing it? Oookay, so I've just bought something and it's legally my property, yet I can't do whatever I want with it. Ehm...

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Timmy says: Hi Mr. Animal... hehehe that´s a bad word
shy.gif

I was saving my money for 6 months so I have 30 bucks, my daddy accept to help me buying the Wii, we was already on the line to get it but then a ugly sir get out of the store with the last 3 wiis
frown.gif

Why is he so bad?

Dibujo-16.jpg

This is a joke,ok?

animalsex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh don't get my wrong, I symphasize with the kid, I would have given him a Wii too. But, I don't think that there is anything pathetic about selling them on Ebay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD