So Sony Told Me This......

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by stanleyopar2000, Dec 27, 2011.

Dec 27, 2011
  1. stanleyopar2000
    OP

Member stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

United States
    okay...first off...im not promoting anything...but I need your guys help....

Im making a series on The History of Video games from start to current....

I haven't got any "3rd party content" notices until now.......

Sony ATV Publishing says im using a "Musical Composition"

but here is where I need your advice....almost all the music I used to assist my narration was from NEWGROUNDS. which is open source only if you give the artist credit....which I did.

the only other songs I used was original NES soundtracks
    "Castlevania II (What a horrible night to have a curse theme),
    Super Mario 2 Title Screen theme,
    Super Mario 2 Overworld Theme,
    Megaman 2 : Wilys Castle theme (gotta run gotta run gotta run now) XD

The video in question is the "part 3" in my signature in case you wanted to see for yourself

Sony doesn't have any ownership of these soundtracks now do they?...if not...should I file a complaint?...don't want to piss youtube off and have them take away my account for filing a non legitimate dispute

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Did they tell you which part of the video (time position) had their musical composition?
    I would have filled a "you used our trademarked logo without our consent" if I were Sony and wanted to remove your video.

Well, you don't have rights over Nintendo's and capcom's musics, so you shouldn't use them in your presentation*.
    (*well, it depend which country you reside. For example in France you are allowed to provide music without any fee/infringement as long as it's only a part bellow a certain percentage of that full track length)

Maybe these musics were published by Sony or BGM (acquired by Sony music department) when Sony and Nintendo were friends and developed the Snes together.
    Nintendo don't have a Music label/publishing company to sell Audio CD. (maybe they have now? "Club Nintendo" ?)

3. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    I would request more information about which of the music items is the offending one
    It may have been most likely over time, sony acquired one of the companies that wrote/made whatever song they are talking about
    I doubt its the random songs from newgrounds

4. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    When are you posting your next video?
    I really enjoyed the first 3 videos and would love to see the rest.