Hacking So much pain!

Insidious611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a simple reason: Play online on a Sky3DS without injecting a private header? Have a nice ban. Play online using CIAs installed on CFW? Fine.

You're overstating the difficulty in downgrading and CFWing. If you have a *brain*, it's simple. I did it to a 2DS and an O3DS in the span of a few hours.

There's literally nothing that can go wrong if you *actually follow directions*.

Last edited by Insidious611,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a LOT of money. I can get cubic ninja for that money and still downgrade. $70 is A LOT
I do agree that it is a lot of money and you can downgrade. More likely a option for people who are not too tech swavvy or who are on 10.4. The $70 is the price for about 2 or 3 full priced games but with that sky3ds card you get more then $70 out of it in the long run.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do agree that it is a lot of money and you can downgrade. More likely a option for people who are not too tech swavvy or who are on 10.4. The $70 is the price for about 2 or 3 full priced games but with that sky3ds card you get more then $70 out of it in the long run.
That's very true. You do need to be kinda/really tech savvy to work with CFW.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whaaaa? You hate piracy? Noooo...That doesn't make sense! :rofl2::rofl2:
-snip-
I appreciate all the hard work, blood (keyboard stress maybe?), sweat and definitely tears that developers put into even the simplest game. I especially appreciate Nintendo and all the incredible franchises and genius they have put out over the years. Also I don't like doing illegal stuff.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate all the hard work, blood (keyboard stress maybe?), sweat and definitely tears that developers put into even the simplest game. I especially appreciate Nintendo and all the incredible franchises and genius they have put out over the years. Also I don't like doing illegal stuff.
Understandable. I respect your opinion. I feel the same. As cheesy and unbelievable as it may sound, I don't get my CIA files from those virus-filled websites. I have a friend that has great games that I like to play (Who also has rxTools, etc.), and I also have games he likes to play. Since we can't just give each other cartridges, we give each other the CIA files. One of us ends up paying for it. We basically share it. That's just what I do though :)

D

Deleted User

I have no money to buy a Sky3DS right now, and I'd much rather set up emuNAND so I can screw around on my 3DS without risking bricking my sysNAND and rendering my 3DS useless.

Jim~

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky3DS has a really ugly Transformers rip-off logo. Nobody cares about Transformers these days. Gateway's current logo has a cool ripped-off dragon on it. Gateway is by far the better option if you're going to buy a flash cart.

Reactions: Arubaro

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Understandable. I respect your opinion. I feel the same. As cheesy and unbelievable as it may sound, I don't get my CIA files from those virus-filled websites. I have a friend that has great games that I like to play (Who also has rxTools, etc.), and I also have games he likes to play. Since we can't just give each other cartridges, we give each other the CIA files. One of us ends up paying for it. We basically share it. That's just what I do though :)
Yeah, that's basically the closest I'll ever get to piracy: game sharing.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
In comparison to Sky3ds... CFW is pretty simplistic, really. Region free is far easier than loading up one rom to run the loader just to have to push a button and WAIT for the game to come up. Not to mention, you're paying for a piracy device. The arguments here are kind of backwards in that sense. I have a blue button Sky, but it became tedious and all around stupid to use. So, it was only used as an entry point until menuhax/themehax... Now it gathers dust. I turn on my console, go to a folder, and there's ALL of my games.

How is THAT less convenient than Sky3DS?

Do I hate the card? No. I just don't understand how people can advocate for it over an easier alternative. Downgrading wasn't even that bad. I had 2 bricks, at the VERY beginning, before someone made it where the firm file installed last. Not to mention, it's like any other hack/modification out there.. If you miss the boat, you're screwed until something newer comes along.

The Sky3DS really isn't a viable alternative for those who have the option of CFW. If you're afraid of damaging your system, that's you.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: Xenon Hacks

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is THAT less convenient than Sky3DS?

One thing that I don't understand is why .3ds is such a "big feature", So it's drag and drop? not really if you want to take that thing online plus I just like having the icons on my screen.
Installing games can take a little while but it's not like people constantly delete/reinstall them right?

Reactions: Kioku

Destron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing CFW is not hard, there are plenty of guides out there. Plus those cards are piracy devices plain and simple.The only reason I use CFW is so I can have all my games on my system and don't have to carry them all around with me. I am also starting to buy more games digitally for this reason as well. Most of my Wii U games are digital because its easier to have them on a HDD than have to get my lazy ass up and swap a disc.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
One thing that I don't understand is why .3ds is such a "big feature", So it's drag and drop? not really if you want to take that thing online plus I just like having the icons on my screen.
Installing games can take a little while but it's not like people constantly delete/reinstall them right?

This, right here. The 3ds file format is not some God send. For GW, it's simple, but we aren't talking about gateway. It took the Sky team THREE tries to have some sort of drag and drop system.

I agree, it's far more convenient to just have your Games right there. I don't understand who can disagree with that and why. To each their own I guess.

Reactions: fate6

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    inb4 computer science
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Fake Leg scratching 101
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    IT support you can act like your own farts smell like cherries that way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Odin 2s $300 lol no
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    The Mini is even more lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That RG cube is starting to look like the better value price creep option
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a handheld gaming system with a tablet sized screen, like a 8 or10" screen, with controllers that can detach like the Switch.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @BigOnYa i was legitimately trying to scratch my leg, this is reminding me of that cylinder post
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I don't see the buzz about a square screen personally. I think there will be a review on the site within a few weeks though if you are interested.
    +1
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I've put down the money on the Odin 2 Mini since I just love that Vita form factor. Loved the power of the Odin 2 but the size always put me off, this one seems exactly what I've been wanting.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't care about the square screen it's just nice to hold something you don't have to stretch your arms a foots length
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All these things expecting to be super huge is overrated just run a type c cable to your TV if you want a big display or in my case screen mirror it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the go tho I meant, I use my 10" tablet and a Bluetooth controller for retro gaming while sitting on my porch or on long car rides sometimes. Easier on my eyes than the Switch screen.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My point is we already have enough shit with big displays having something pocketable with up to ps2 would be fine on the go
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken unless the games are made for that screen size most suck on a screen that size... Having a square screen and being brighter and higher res helps but it's not a cure all, text is tiny bullets are tiny, your.... Well lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can stretch to fit probably it's not all bad that they make it seem to be
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People always yap about oh but you loose pixels but yeah it won't look awful either
    I like filters :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Filters are why you don't go on 2nd dates
    Lol nahhh it's because I usually get what they want on the first date lol
    I swear if I hear "I don't usually do this on the first date" on more time... I am going to start counting
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought you McDonald's even tho you lied about your pics I still deserve this
    No no continue, I hear these things women say so often I decided to start counting
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: No no continue, I hear these things women say so often I decided to start counting