So I am still stumped...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lancelott, Feb 21, 2009.

Feb 21, 2009

So I am still stumped... by lancelott at 9:45 PM (729 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. lancelott
    OP

Newcomer lancelott Member

United States
    I have a 3.3U system. I have the HBC running. I have a disc channel with the Gamma Loader, and I have installed the necessary CIOS that comes with Gamma. I also have DVDX if that matters.

Anyway, I can boot Smash Bros. Brawl (real disc) fine with Gamma Loader. But if I try several different burnt copies of Super Mario Galaxy, it doesn't load. It constantly tries to read the disc, but it is a black screen. Some white text occasionally shows up in the center but it disappears before I can make it out. It just stays black.

I am not able to use the IOS downgrader because of a lack of network (no wifi). Are there perhaps any IOSs that I need to install to get this game to work? I have not patched the game at all. I haven't tried any other games yet. I have another burner I could try too, but I'm not expecting any better results.

2. the mario

Member the mario GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You need to use the IOS downgrader. There might be a version that doesn't require WiFi, but I'm not sure.

3. lancelott
    OP

Newcomer lancelott Member

United States
    Yeah I don't have wifi, so I can't use it.

And I just realized I didn't have the IOS/cios thing that came with gamma installed. I thought I did. But I don't have network. Does anyone know what all IOSs it tries to install? I may be able to manually get them...

4. wim6

Member wim6 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Just install the cios 249 thats from waninkoko and the game will run fine, because the backup loader doesnt need a specific system..

5. SilverSurfR

Member SilverSurfR GBAtemp Regular

United States

6. jinxvorheeze

Member jinxvorheeze GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You can use the downgrader pack in my signature to downgrade fully to 3.2 without the internet. Also contains CIOSCORP for disk channel booting (but not a required install to use the pack).