So I am still stumped...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lancelott, Feb 21, 2009.

1. lancelott
    OP

lancelott Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2008
    United States
    I have a 3.3U system. I have the HBC running. I have a disc channel with the Gamma Loader, and I have installed the necessary CIOS that comes with Gamma. I also have DVDX if that matters.

Anyway, I can boot Smash Bros. Brawl (real disc) fine with Gamma Loader. But if I try several different burnt copies of Super Mario Galaxy, it doesn't load. It constantly tries to read the disc, but it is a black screen. Some white text occasionally shows up in the center but it disappears before I can make it out. It just stays black.

I am not able to use the IOS downgrader because of a lack of network (no wifi). Are there perhaps any IOSs that I need to install to get this game to work? I have not patched the game at all. I haven't tried any other games yet. I have another burner I could try too, but I'm not expecting any better results.

2. the mario

the mario GBAtemp Regular

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    You need to use the IOS downgrader. There might be a version that doesn't require WiFi, but I'm not sure.

3. lancelott
    OP

lancelott Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2008
    United States
    Yeah I don't have wifi, so I can't use it.

And I just realized I didn't have the IOS/cios thing that came with gamma installed. I thought I did. But I don't have network. Does anyone know what all IOSs it tries to install? I may be able to manually get them...

4. wim6

wim6 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2008
    Netherlands
    Just install the cios 249 thats from waninkoko and the game will run fine, because the backup loader doesnt need a specific system..

5. SilverSurfR

SilverSurfR GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2009
    United States
    NJ, USA

6. jinxvorheeze

jinxvorheeze GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 13, 2008
    United States
    You can use the downgrader pack in my signature to downgrade fully to 3.2 without the internet. Also contains CIOSCORP for disk channel booting (but not a required install to use the pack).