Hacking So I am still stumped...

lancelott

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3.3U system. I have the HBC running. I have a disc channel with the Gamma Loader, and I have installed the necessary CIOS that comes with Gamma. I also have DVDX if that matters.

Anyway, I can boot Smash Bros. Brawl (real disc) fine with Gamma Loader. But if I try several different burnt copies of Super Mario Galaxy, it doesn't load. It constantly tries to read the disc, but it is a black screen. Some white text occasionally shows up in the center but it disappears before I can make it out. It just stays black.

I am not able to use the IOS downgrader because of a lack of network (no wifi). Are there perhaps any IOSs that I need to install to get this game to work? I have not patched the game at all. I haven't tried any other games yet. I have another burner I could try too, but I'm not expecting any better results.

lancelott

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I don't have wifi, so I can't use it.

And I just realized I didn't have the IOS/cios thing that came with gamma installed. I thought I did. But I don't have network. Does anyone know what all IOSs it tries to install? I may be able to manually get them...

wim6

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just install the cios 249 thats from waninkoko and the game will run fine, because the backup loader doesnt need a specific system..

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lancelott said:
Yeah I don't have wifi, so I can't use it.

And I just realized I didn't have the IOS/cios thing that came with gamma installed. I thought I did. But I don't have network. Does anyone know what all IOSs it tries to install? I may be able to manually get them...
Try reading the Gamma Loader Readme.txt.
Line 140... Starts with...

Gamma Loader Readme.txtQ. I don't have Wi-Fi, how can I install it?

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the downgrader pack in my signature to downgrade fully to 3.2 without the internet. Also contains CIOSCORP for disk channel booting (but not a required install to use the pack).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.