Homebrew *snip* repository wiiware wads.....

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no need to convert, rename it from .app to .bnr
be sure you display known file extensions in windows.

and put it on the same folder than the other bnr for the loader to see them ? (wasn't it obvious? the loader loads bnr from cache_bnr/ folder, so put it in there)

Last edited by Cyan,

Griffballchamp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no need to convert, rename it from .app to .bnr
be sure you display known file extensions in windows.

and put it on the same folder than the other bnr for the loader to see them ? (wasn't it obvious? the loader loads bnr from cache_bnr/ folder, so put it in there)
Yes it was obvious. sorry, dumb question on my part.

I rename the app file, but its still an app file. How do i convert it to a .bnr file?

right now it says WLWE.bnr.app

Last edited by Griffballchamp,

Griffballchamp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't convert it.
you tell windows to work correctly so you can edit file's extensions.

I dont know what that means.

also, showmiiwads program , the extract option is now grey and i cant use it. Not sure what happened.

If its not one thing its another.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you don't convert it.
you tell windows to work correctly so you can edit file's extensions.

Call me a dummy, but how do tell windows to work correctly?

Griffballchamp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think both are related to gametdb.com
The titles and the covers are taken from that website.

missing cover : the cover is probably not present on the site. (we can verify, but it's usually the reason)

missing title : you probably forgot to use Wiitdb.xml file to rename the games automatically. (settings>update>gametdb, settings>features>use gametdb : yes)

If you already use "wiitdb.xml" file and you still don't have the title, it's probably related to the missing cover : the game is probably not an official one. For example, injected games in homebrew or edited wiiware which doesn't officially exist.
invented games don't have covers because that titleID has been invented by a random user, and anybody can use that same titleID for any other game.

IF you want to rename a game, it's possible but little buggy.
settings>gui>game window > rotating disc
select a game > click on the game's title when you see the rotating disc
reboot

so i updated the wiitdb.xml , that gave the channels names instead of the 4 letter code, but still no banners.

i understand if your tired of helping me and having the names appear is good enough for me.

i renamed one 0000000.app file to WLWE and put it in the cache_bnr folder but the banner still didnt show.

edit: i changed the view from "channels" to "carasoul" and the covers show. good enough. im done. lol

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
your wad is bad.
extracting the bnr manually from the bad wad won't magically make it good. the banner is bad, whether you let the loader extract it or you do it manually. of course you still get black screen, I told you so. you need to use a proper wad.

it's that, or the loader can't read that banner.
Don't try to install that wad to realNAND, if it's really a non working banner then you'll "banner brick" and the system menu will crash.

Griffballchamp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your wad is bad.
extracting the bnr manually from the bad wad won't magically make it good. the banner is bad, whether you let the loader extract it or you do it manually. of course you still get black screen, I told you so. you need to use a proper wad.

it's that, or the loader can't read that banner.
Don't try to install that wad to realNAND, if it's really a non working banner then you'll "banner brick" and the system menu will crash.

Its usb loader gx. all wads show channels and banners on the real Wii menu. Im telling you my wads arent bad. I know where I got them. 10 Kajillion downloads with 0 issues reported.

The "covers" show when used in any view on usb loader gx except the "channel" view. so i put it on "carousel" view. i can see the names and the cover and it loads and plays fine. good enough for me.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The place where you got them (the one from the removed thread title?) are only gathered by another user and uploaded to his own webspace. It's not because you think it's a good place that the provided files are official or good dump.

If the loader doesn't work with these banners, then it doesn't work with them. that's all. nothing I can do. I didn't code the banner engine and won't fix it.
if other layout are fine for you, then I'm glad :)

Griffballchamp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The place where you got them (the one from the removed thread title?) are only gathered by another user and uploaded to his own webspace. It's not because you think it's a good place that the provided files are official or good dump.

If the loader doesn't work with these banners, then it doesn't work with them. that's all. nothing I can do. I didn't code the banner engine and won't fix it.
if other layout are fine for you, then I'm glad :)

thank you for ALL of your help. Bad wads or not, your help was immensely appreciated.

your guides are awesome and you put in a TON of work and it shows.

Thank you again!!!

Reactions: Cyan

Griffballchamp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

One more stupid question for you. I had previously installed 2 wiiware wads to the wii menu that are known to not work well through usb loader gx. When i created the emuNAND they were of course in my games list in usb loader gx. If i uninstall them from usb loader gx, will they also get deleted from my wii menu?

edit: I guess it doesnt matter because i could just re-install them to the wii menu if they disappear. sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everyone is triggered nowadays too easy, bunch of pansies.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    1st video- That's why I hate ordering stuff online, if I can just go pick it up myself nearby. Wal-Mart online did that to me years ago, sent wrong item, I went to Wal-Mart by me to return, but noo, I had to mail it back and wait.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    99% of the time ordering online I have had flawless experiences, only time something was messed up, I ordered a big TV from Amazon and it came smashed the box was literally like some one jumped up and down on it, didn't even open it, contacted Amazon sent them pictures, they made me open it and take more pictures, free label to return it and they sent another. So it was relatively painless. But still annoying.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did it just because I don't like you
    Ken you Amazonian Maniac lol
    Cool band name lol
    Their hit song Deliver Us from good, was a banger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine what I'd do if I did like you
    +1
  • wiihackZlol @ wiihackZlol:
    hey anyone here?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wii experts at your service we can Abracadaba anything made by Nintendo for your piracy needs
    +1
    Now your playing with power!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guys five unmarked black vans with red letters just pulled up at my house :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ancientboi called FBI on you. You better flush your stash.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good, been lazy. Been inside playing games for last few days, too hot outside, was 97 degrees F today. It was so hot outside, I seen a dog chasing a cat, and they both were walking.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Fallout4, pubg, Starfield, Forza, Still wakes the Deep, just to name a few
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's just ancientboi left me his laptop
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Who are/ were they?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some Nintendo execs wanted to give him a promotion
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    party van
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: party van