snes9xgx menu bug?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by plainsongs, Sep 13, 2014.

1. plainsongs
    OP

plainsongs Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2014
    Hi! New to the forum but tried a search and didn't come up with anything so I thought I'd start a thread.

I've got a soft modded wii, running the latest HBC version, and the latest snes9xgx, everything is working fine pathwise on the SDcard (2 gb) I'm running everything from - the problem is that whenever I try to play a game, the stupid in game menu (not the in-in-game menu, but SNES9xGX's own menu) pops up EVERY THREE SECONDS.

I tried digging into the controller mapping, wasn't it. Tried straightening out the wiimote so that it wouldn't interfere, wasnt it. My controller (Wii Classic Controller) works just fine with FCEUGX and I've had no installation issues at all. What could be causing it? What could I do about it?

For demonstration, I'm including a video of me trying to get through the opening and first two screens of metroid... to no avail. (sorry for my wife and dog in the background :P): http://videobam.com/GUrAh

Thank you for whatever help you could provide!

2. Gaming4Ever

Gaming4Ever Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2014
    United States
  3. plainsongs
    OP

plainsongs Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2014

I'm running the 4.3.2, and this is the only problem I've gotten with this emu (had some lag with fceugx but it worked itself out)! I'll try and clean everything up and get a fresh install. Is there a way to fix syncing problems with the Wii?

Very grateful for your help.

4. Gaming4Ever

Gaming4Ever Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2014
    United States
    If u keep having Sync issues it might be the Control dying out or not being Fully charged

On ur Wii u can open the slot and Press the red button to Sync any new or Current Wiimotes while doing the same on the actual Wiimote itself....u take the battery cover and press Red button in conjunction with Wii system

5. plainsongs
    OP

plainsongs Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2014
    This never happens outside of the snes9xgx though, could it still be the key to solving this? I'll make sure to stick new batteries in it later. sync it up and see how it turns out. :)