Hacking snes emulator wii

mojario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i think i've probably looked at 10 different versions of snes9..
can anyone tell me is there a version that can load off front sd that works well with pal and has wiimote functionality?
and on top of that is it available as a wad
wink.gif
?

nintendough

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also confused as to which version to go with. I just want something that works well (I figure most of them do), let's me use front SD AND classic controller support.

Anyone with experience have any suggestions?

nintendough

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

I know how to install (run TP + boot + wad folder) things. Should I install a Homebrew channel or just the Snes9X? I'm not entirely sure how the homebrew channel would work so if anyone could clarify that (as in does Snes9X sit inside a homebrew channel along with other emu or what?) I would much appreciate it
smile.gif

Lefty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well the homebrew channel is like the Twilight Hack...You install it once, put Homebrew Launcher 0.3 on the root of you SD Card and your Emulators in the Homebrew Folder.
This way you just start the homebrew channel and have all your homebrew in a nice loader menu..thats how i would recommend it
smile.gif

Sir Spanky

Trophies
XP
Country
I run it like this, which works nicely imo.

Install Homebrew Channel (hacked version).
Put Homebrew Launcher (WiiHL) as the boot.elf in your root
Place any emulator, WAD installer, etc in the correct folder as instructed by the WiiHL's readme.

That way you no longer need to bother with the twilight hack, and you can load a whole list of stuff together, thanks to the combined efforts of Homebrew Channel and Launcher.

edit: heh two posts saying virtually the same thing
tongue.gif

nintendough

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the homebrew channel just acts as a bypass of the TP Hack? Once in there I can put in whatever I want (i.e. Snes9X with Classic Controller/SD support) and choose to launch it as if I were doing so from TP?

Thanks for the help guys, quick question tho - is there a diff b/w running a SNES emu from SD or installing it as a channel?

Oh, I forgot to ask, but the homebrew channel - does it impersonate DKC2 or something? I ask because my friend installed CT for me but he says the Wii thinks it's DKC2 and as such I can't install anything else using the DKC2 shell (does that make sense?)

NikoK

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I posted this question in another thread but since this one is getting more attention I will cross post it in hopes of getting an answer.

Does anyone know how to make the emulator display the full rom names? The cutoff is ridiculously annoying.

Sir Spanky

Trophies
XP
Country
The cut-off is restricted by the FAT16 that the SD cards have to be formatted in. In the near future they'll get them working in FAT32 don't worry.

Lefty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@patz There are hacked versions around which do not have time limits..i took the wad from TehSkeen

@nintendough yes you just need TP once to install the channel, than you can put whatever you want on your SD Card and load it from the Channel.
The SNES Channel is the same like an emulator, but i dont use it since i got the homebrew channel.
And there should not be a problem with your DKC2/CT because the channel has another ticket id. If you dont inject the Roms in your DKC2 wad by yourself, you dont know the ticket id, but it should always be a different one.
In case you got the same ticket twice, the Application with the same ticket gets overwritten.

nintendough

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lefty said:
@patz There are hacked versions around which do not have time limits..i took the wad from TehSkeen

@nintendough yes you just need TP once to install the channel, than you can put whatever you want on your SD Card and load it from the Channel.
The SNES Channel is the same like an emulator, but i dont use it since i got the homebrew channel.
And there should not be a problem with your DKC2/CT because the channel has another ticket id. If you dont inject the Roms in your DKC2 wad by yourself, you dont know the ticket id, but it should always be a different one.
In case you got the same ticket twice, the Application with the same ticket gets overwritten.

Thanks for the help! So I should run the homebrew + the version of Snes9X (just on the SD card - NOT the injectable version) as advised above?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr