Snemulds help

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by TwItChMaStR, Oct 12, 2008.

Oct 12, 2008

Snemulds help by TwItChMaStR at 12:49 AM (1,446 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. TwItChMaStR
    OP

Newcomer TwItChMaStR Newbie

United States
    I have just recently bought my max media dock and downloaded snemulds (version6) and im having problems with the roms themselves. I put the .nds and .cfg files in my root directory so the program boots fine. However, the roms i have put in the snes directory are not recognized by the program. after it boots, and i go to select roms, no files appear. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    What file extension are the roms? And have you DLDI patched the SNEmulDS.nds file? DLDI patching is necessary to ensure that SNEmulDS is able to talk to your card's filesystem.

3. TwItChMaStR
    OP

United States
    The file extentions are .smc files. In the instrustions in the read me file it said it was not necessary to patch it, if it is required can you give me some help doing so?

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
  5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Patching is necessary if your device doesn't automatically patch for you. The MMD does not automatically patch. I recommend using DLDIrc aka "DLDI Right Click" which is the easiest method of DLDI patching in Windows. Install it, choose your device when prompted, then right-click the *.nds file and choose the new patching option that appears.

6. TwItChMaStR
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the help. I used dldi right click and it was very easy, i even used it to patch a different emulator.