Hacking SNEEK refuses to compile

Duncan Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So I am following the steps on the guide, and uh sneek is not compiling, I have python, devkitpro, sliksvn, microsoft VB c++ 2010.

The CMD says to me that there are a ton of missing files, but sneek is on C, so is devkitpro (which seem to be the missing files)

IMG_23122015_161203.png IMG_23122015_161203.png

No idea what is happening.

Attachments

• IMG_23122015_161220.png
    IMG_23122015_161220.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 165

Duncan Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
SNEEK only compiles on an older version of devkitARM. You can get it in the Downloads section of this guide.

.... why does the softmode guide here skips that little detail? It does not mentions devkitARM.

Also I am trying to installl to wii, not vwii, your tutorial mentions vwii, not sure if it's compatible.

Last edited by Duncan Idaho,

Duncan Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'm guessing you're following the old "Complete Softmod Guide". AFAIK You don't need to compile SNEEK.

I found crediar installer a SNEEKY now, and it's giving me problems, I also compiled something, but not full UNEEK, it's a di file and no armboot.bin

Also do the games need to be in discex format or crediar changed so that it was compatible with .iso/.wbfs?

BlazeHeatnix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run Modmii and its SNEEK installer, and select "All of the above" and UNEEK+Dl, and give it a folder with all the WADs you want to install. When it finishes downloading everything, extract everything to your SD and install the WADs in the wad folder using multi-mod manager. Post results.

This is the method I used to play Virtual Console and Wiiware games from it. I don't know what you're trying to do.

Duncan Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Run Modmii and its SNEEK installer, and select "All of the above" and UNEEK+Dl, and give it a folder with all the WADs you want to install. When it finishes downloading everything, extract everything to your SD and install the WADs in the wad folder using multi-mod manager. Post results.

This is the method I used to play Virtual Console and Wiiware games from it. I don't know what you're trying to do.

The problem with that method is simple, it generates a new, fresh NAND, this fresh nand is blank, no saves for starters, the wii needs to be reconfigured as if it was bought from fabric.

Using SNEEKY I apparently compiled a UNEEK version, but this thing ain't dancing, bootmii gives me black screen, priiloader won't boot either.

Removing the SD allows me to enter the system menu and by reinserting it I am able to to launch hackmii installer and reinstall bootmii as boot2.

Where did I go wrong?

BlazeHeatnix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not as usful because it generates a fresh nand, I have my own NAND, with my own saves and CIOS, etc. already dumped.

In that case, in addition to what I said, extract a NAND dump with Bootmii. Then open ShowMiiWads -> Tools -> Extract Bootmii Dump, browse to your nand.bin and run it, then open the generated nand-extracteda folder and extract everything to the COPY_TO_USB\nands\pl_us folder. (Delete everything in that folder beforehand)

Last edited by BlazeHeatnix,

Duncan Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
In that case, in addition to what I said, extract a NAND dump with Bootmii. Then open ShowMiiWads -> Tools -> Extract Bootmii Dump, browse to your nand.bin and run it, then open the generated nand-extracteda folder and extract everything to the COPY_TO_USB\nands\pl_us folder.

Hadn't thought of that, I'll edit my post later, (I did had already my own nand dump extracted)

Duncan Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
If you make a new one, you can have all the saves and stuff you had previously. Likely your nand dump is from when you first installed Bootmii.

Nah, I dumped this thing not too long ago, friday or saturday of last week, it's pretty up to date and I was wanting to use my menu mod fii to install a dark green theme to my wii, so I made the nand dump in order to add a layer of security, y'know just in case.

But then wii swallowed my SD adaptor, my SD to USB adaptor died and was only yesterday that I was able to get the SD out and today able to buy a new SD to USB adaptor.

Duncan Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ok, it worked thanks @BlazeHeatnix

There is only a tiny problem, once I siwtch back to the real nand the wii mote looses synch at the sligthest movement, didn't happen before, but at least now I am able to run the emunand.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, it worked thanks @BlazeHeatnix

There is only a tiny problem, once I siwtch back to the real nand the wii mote looses synch at the sligthest movement, didn't happen before, but at least now I am able to run the emunand.

Use WiiExplorer to copy /shared2/sys/sysconf from your real NAND to your NEEK folder. NEEK has no access to the real NAND so it thinks your controllers aren't synced.

Duncan Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Use WiiExplorer to copy /shared2/sys/sysconf from your real NAND to your NEEK folder. NEEK has no access to the real NAND so it thinks your controllers aren't synced.

Can I do it from windows too? I am currently transferring a lot of wad files to a new SD, because YAWM does not has USB access (gives me error when attempting to access the hard drive)

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I do it from windows too? I am currently transferring a lot of wad files to a new SD, because YAWM does not has USB access (gives me error when attempting to access the hard drive)

No, you'll want the current sysconf on your real NAND because it has the remote sync data in it (unless you haven't changed any settings since the bin file you dumped.)

Not sure about YAWM but you should be able to change the IOS it's using to something like 249 and get it to access the HDD.

Duncan Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
No, you'll want the current sysconf on your real NAND because it has the remote sync data in it (unless you haven't changed any settings since the bin file you dumped.)

Not sure about YAWM but you should be able to change the IOS it's using to something like 249 and get it to access the HDD.

Hmmm, so redump just in case, ok (I haven't made any big changes, assuming I was on emu I ran the theme changer app to install the dark green theme,so i'll redump just in case)

And I was using 249 but couldn't get USB access, I had selected previously to use my hard drive as the emulated nand (hence why I configured UNEEK + DI)

Question would my emunand boot by default? I am a bit confused on that, the switch app says I was on emunand and was switching to real nand, but it's the real nand that gives me the wii mote synch issue, not the emunand, that one it works swimmingly.

Or what I assume to be the emunand.

Duncan Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

First: Problem keeps persisting on REAL Nand (wii mote vibrates, shuts off, turns on, cursor refuses to move)

Second, seems I can't access my emunand now, switch2uneek says and I quote "cannot move back sub folders of nand"

What does that means?

Fixed, but YAWMM gives error, MMM doesn't on some, it for example refuses to install my SNES folder saying 74/74 did not install.

MMM apparently installs to real nand not emu nand, sigh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap. +1