Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

paulstevens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the notion of updating...

My emu nand is based on a dump of my 4.2 system nand. It seems very slow.

Is it possible to create a virgin 4.3 nand using modmii, do a file copy of the 4.3 files onto/overwriting the files on the 4.2 emu nand, and have the resulting emu nand contain the same channels, saves, etc as before but now updated to 4.3?

I am using r153 uneek+di. Thank you.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
paulstevens said:
On the notion of updating...

My emu nand is based on a dump of my 4.2 system nand. It seems very slow.

Is it possible to create a virgin 4.3 nand using modmii, do a file copy of the 4.3 files onto/overwriting the files on the 4.2 emu nand, and have the resulting emu nand contain the same channels, saves, etc as before but now updated to 4.3?

I am using r153 uneek+di. Thank you.

Are the video settings of your Wii EMU Nand the same as your REAL nand?

paulstevens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
Are the video settings of your Wii EMU Nand the same as your REAL nand?

I assume so as the real nand was the source of my emunand. I will check that.

Also, the real nand had several cIOS's installed. I will remove those but would that result in slowness?

Lastly, RB3 dlc, some songs lock up the emunand. Garbage appears in the album cover window, and a beep is heard. Not all songs do that, and the same song do not do it every time. I have to cycle power and try again. Very annoying.

Thanks all!

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
paulstevens said:
Donkey Plonk said:
kylster said:
Does anyone know how updates effect emulated nand? I wouldnt want to do someones Wii like this and later down the line it asks them for an update and they not know what to do. I would also need to know this answer for myself.

btw thanks scooby74029
smile.gif
you guys are all the best here.
Updates don't effect anything. You can update the regular nand as you wish independent from your sneek nand or nands.
If they update they will lose the homebrew channel, simple solution, install a forwarder channel to bootmii ios or that sneek forwarder, I forget whats its called, switch2sneek or something. Then if they update, that channel will remain, and sneek should still work. I think so, hmmm, maybe as bootmii would be removed this may stop sneek from working but I think it may work.
I am wondering what happens if my emulated nand is 4.2U, I'm running it via uneek+DI, and I do a system update to 4.3. Does that update the emulated nand only, or will it wipe out the 4.2U on my wii nand?

I ask this because I did a nand dump of my 4.2U to make my emulated nand. Now when I run the emulated nand, it seems REALLY slow. I wonder if updating to 4.3U on the emulated nand will help the emulated nand run faster.

I am curious if my WD hard drive is not being treated as a USB2.0 device (faster) and instead just a regular USB device (slower).

Thanks.
Updating on the emulated nand will do just that, update the emulated one only. Or should do anyway, I haven't tested it

paulstevens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donkey Plonk said:
Updating on the emulated nand will do just that, update the emulated one only. Or should do anyway, I haven't tested it
I tried. Indeed it only updates the emulated nand. Original wii nand was untouched.

My particulars: uneek+di r153, emulated nand 4.3U virgin built by modmii

real nand is 4.2U, before and after the updated to 4.3U on the emulated nand. YMMV

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M1r0 what is your problem?

@donkey thanks for the info i wasnt aware sneek uneek was already patched
smile.gif
that pretty much sums it up.

Ok so after figuring a couple of things out thanks to you guys here
smile.gif
greatly appreciate the advice. I now know how to carry over game saves, but im wondering if i can copy them from more then 1 nand backup? My reasoning is because back in the day when I was on 4.1u I did a bootmii nand dump and did the whole extraction and all 9 yards of work to get it working for Triiforce, I used this for WW VC emulation and I eventually updated my wii to 4.3u and have newer game saves but only of Wii games and not of any WW VC games. That's why I ask can I copy over all the saves from my emulated nand and from a recent dump of my wii or will this not work and cause conflicts? thanks in advance.

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a strange problem which i've been fiddling around with for a few days now.

I have recently updated Uneek to R150. Everything works fine, except for 1 thing
unsure.gif

If i put titles.txt in the games folder, the Wii will black screen, with wiimote synced. Waiting doesn't do anything.
If i remove titles.txt, the Wii boots to sysmenu, and all games have the title from titles.txt (proven bij rename of RVL Wii Music)
As soon as i add another game however, it updates the list, and loses all titles again (RVL is RVL again, instead of Wii Music)

As far as I know, my titles.txt is ANSI with LF/CR, which should work.

Can anybody help? I'd love to be able to just have the titles.txt there, and not have to worry about adding/removing every time I add a new game.

Xras

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
Ok so after figuring a couple of things out thanks to you guys here
smile.gif
greatly appreciate the advice. I now know how to carry over game saves, but im wondering if i can copy them from more then 1 nand backup? My reasoning is because back in the day when I was on 4.1u I did a bootmii nand dump and did the whole extraction and all 9 yards of work to get it working for Triiforce, I used this for WW VC emulation and I eventually updated my wii to 4.3u and have newer game saves but only of Wii games and not of any WW VC games. That's why I ask can I copy over all the saves from my emulated nand and from a recent dump of my wii or will this not work and cause conflicts? thanks in advance.emulate the nand with SNEEK that you want the saves off of and then install this to the emulated nand,
http://code.google.com/p/savegame-manager-gx/
to take them off and put them back on the nand you want. That should work without a catch. There may be a better way, but this should work. A better way anyone ??

QUOTE(M1r0 @ Mar 26 2011, 10:00 PM) Still no solution to my problem?
OK, after a little research I found that all my nand backups have HBC v6 or v7 installed with IOS 34. I'm sorry I can not confirm "yea or ney" on your IOS 61 issue or whether it is the problem, YET. Mine all work with no scam screen. I have also blocked the bootmii.org address with my router to prevent updating of HBC. I don't honestly know why (if you have followed the directions to a "T") that the method in the OP is not working for you. I would suggest reinstalling HBC v7 on your "real" nand and re-dumping the "real" nand again while following the OP guide. If you have more problems with this please PM me and I will help you work through this. I try to check back here at least once a day, please be patient with my replies, thank you.

@Xras
I have not honestly messed with the titles.txt, I am sorry, I can not help at this time.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, sometimes when connecting my ext.hdd to my pc i see a file "scrn_00.raw""scrn_01.raw" etc. I think you get the point. I've only been using this hdd for uneek+di so im sure it has something to do with uneek. Can someone tell me what this file is or the purpose behind it? Is it ok to delete?

@LinkFan16 thanks
smile.gif

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M1r0 said:
I don't have version 1.0.7 on my real nand, have 1.0.8
Seriously ????

Then you OBVIOUSLY have not followed the directions in my guide. You want answers to your problems and they are right there in front of you in the OP (original post). Please follow the directions first and if this does not work, I will be glad to help. This is the nicest way I know how to tell you that you just pissed me off. If you need help installing HBC v7 to your real nand, then I would be glad to help if that is a problem for you. I apologize for loosing my cool, I just hate going out of my way, as I already have, for someone that has not even taken the time to read what's spelled out for them already in the guide.

HINT OF THE DAY: If your going to uninstall HBC v8 make sure you have a channel forwarder on your WII at the very least.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
ChokeD said:
M1r0 said:
I don't have version 1.0.7 on my real nand, have 1.0.8
Seriously ????

Then you OBVIOUSLY have not followed the directions in my guide. You want answers to your problems and they are right there in front of you in the OP (original post). Please follow the directions first and if this does not work, I will be glad to help. This is the nicest way I know how to tell you that you just pissed me off. If you need help installing HBC v7 to your real nand, then I would be glad to help if that is a problem for you. I apologize for loosing my cool, I just hate going out of my way, as I already have, for someone that has not even taken the time to read what's spelled out for them already in the guide.

HINT OF THE DAY: If your going to uninstall HBC v8 make sure you have a channel forwarder on your WII at the very least.

I think some people can struggle to find the HBC1.0.7 installer and thats probably why the question seems to be the one asked most often.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I completely understand and if I could link it I would, I am not allowed to. It really isn't that hard to find though. It is way easier to find than actually performing the steps in the guide. I will add my quote to the guide. That is all that I can do. Again, I really apologize for having my hands tied and loosing my cool briefly. It's just that if you go back through the last 5 pages he has received all kinds of offerings of help, yet had not actually performed the first step in the guide. I have been away for a while and I forgot how it was sometimes here.

ChokeD said:
To quote myself,

ChokeD said:
Google search for "HackMii Installer v0.7" and in 30 seconds I found it at the 2nd link..

I would get it for you, but we can't have that here at GBAtemp at the request of the devs who made it, srry.

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD: Finding the installer is easy, but finding a WAD is not. When I attempt to install on my UNEEK+DI, it gives me No Vulnerable IOS Found.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
facepalm1ve4.jpg

The guide when followed correctly will give the wad to you. You know, in the 2nd step of the guide.

READ, READ, READ, please. If you do, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse