Hacking Smash 4 Undub

Rinku リンク

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a dumb question but do I need a dump of my copy of smash (U.S) in order to do this? Or would I possibly be able to download one somewhere? I've tried the files from WiiUIso using SDCafiine but it freezes at the logo screen for me. Any help? :sad:

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
In order to have the stuff from that site to work, I personally used Sm4shExplorer (so you have to have your own dump of the game) and copied the stuff that was in /patch/data to /data and /data(myregion_mylanguage). (items and stages data [sounds from the Wii Fit stage] are "packed" and thus won't be imported)
In /data/fighter/[fightername] you have stuff related to what character named "fightername" (name from the japanese version, so Bowser = koopa for example) say.
In /data/sound/se/ you get the announcer voice for various stuff + "bosses" noises.

You can then select the option "Build the mod" (with or without packing) when you're done (you can change other stuff, like fighters textures, stages, etc. before), if you didn't change the options you'll get some stuff in export/debug/ (no packing) or export/release (packing), copy the content of it into a folder called patch/ which has to be alongside folders like sound/ (and movie/ if move clips really do matter enough for them to get changed) where your Smash (SD)Cafiine should be.

Reactions: Rinku リンク

Nage

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hello
I have a question, there is a way to choose the jp voices to a specific character?
My reasons are that I just want Ryu and FE Characters in JP but I want to keep the Pokemons with the English dub

daniel26150

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello
I have a question, there is a way to choose the jp voices to a specific character?
My reasons are that I just want Ryu and FE Characters in JP but I want to keep the Pokemons with the English dub
With smash Explorer you can do that, only replace the voices you want

Nage

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Small and a little unrelated question.
There is a way to get an extracted copy of the game directly from the disc? Or I need to get it online?

I'll explain myself; I want the full US dump and extract the voices from there (because I have already the JP voices extracted from a forum). Then I will replace the voice I want with its respective NUS3BANK files. That is my idea tho...
It doesn't sound very smart or easy .there is like a better way to do it?

shadowofchaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...

The Pokemon and Assist Trophies seem to be a problem.
The way I got the sound files was through using JNUSTool to get the JP smash update and get the files from there.

I just used the LS file from the North American one to properly build the character voices.
It's fine with the Wii Fit stage as well...

But I get an error when trying to get pokemon sound files.

Is there anyone that has access to the JP disc for that file list for Sm4shExplorer?

daniel26150

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hmm...

The Pokemon and Assist Trophies seem to be a problem.
The way I got the sound files was through using JNUSTool to get the JP smash update and get the files from there.

I just used the LS file from the North American one to properly build the character voices.
It's fine with the Wii Fit stage as well...

But I get an error when trying to get pokemon sound files.

Is there anyone that has access to the JP disc for that file list for Sm4shExplorer?
@deinonychus71 and I have those files

xatzimi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I get a JP dump? At the moment, I'm looking for data/ui/replace/stage/stagel_10/stagel_10/DxOnett.nut. This file should say EarthBound in English, but it should be Mother or Mother 2 in the Japanese game. Since it's the name I consider the game should be.

If you have the files for Wii U, please PM me.

Last edited by xatzimi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo