Hacking slow .vpk install

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
MICRO SD CARD can be read on pc through a card reader, you can unzip vpk and renamed it to PXXX00000(for game code you can look it at param.sfo in sys folder) then move it to microSD, PROFIT :)

Last edited by leon315,

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MICRO SD CARD can be read on pc through a card reader, you can unzip vpk and renamed it to PXXX00000(for game code you can look it at param.sfo in sys folder) then move it to microSD, PROFIT :)
Which dir do you put the extracted PXXX00000 game on the microSD card?

KinGTD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More than likely not a problem with your SD card. I had similar issues with Vitashell installing .VPK's slowly but on Molecular shell they install fine. What i did was the following. (Very similar to what lean315 said but a little different)

1. Extract .VPK using tools like WinRAR/ 7zip etc.
2. Take the folder and move it to the root of the SD Card
3. Open VitaShell and go into SD drive (usually ux0) and highlight the folder of the game you want installed)
4. Press Triangle, go down to MORE, Click on INSTALL FOLDER
5. Let it install (not much installing, its just moving the folder and doing some minor stuff to install the game)and PROFIT. No need to refresh LIVEAREA or anything.

Last edited by KinGTD,
Reactions: donut32 and b2p1mp

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More than likely not a problem with your SD card. I had similar issues with Vitashell installing .VPK's slowly but on Molecular shell they install fine. What i did was the following. (Very similar to what lean315 said but a little different)

1. Extract .VPK using tools like WinRAR/ 7zip etc.
2. Take the folder and move it to the root of the SD Card
3. Open VitaShell and go into SD drive (usually ux0) and highlight the folder of the game you want installed)
4. Press Triangle, go down to MORE, Click on INSTALL FOLDER
5. Let it install (not much installing, its just moving the folder and doing some minor stuff to install the game)and PROFIT. No need to refresh LIVEAREA or anything.

Thanks for the instructions.

b2p1mp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some vpks contain many many small files, like 30,000, and even the developers of them recommend renaming to zip and extracting on a pc and then manually adding the folder with the proper folder name in the correct spot on the vita memory. Once added, then you refresh livearea in vitashell... I may be wrong though. Also some vpks just start going slow and if you cancel the install and restart it, sometimes the 2nd attempt works at normal speed.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Like the guy above said, vpk install depends on number/size files contained within the archive.
A vpk that’s huge but with a few really large files would install quickly at around 4000K/s in my exp, but smaller vpks with more tiny files down to 2 - 5k/s at times
and could easily take a lot longer to install.

Reactions: b2p1mp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay