Skyward Sword release date

tempBOT

The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Skyward Sword release date
New details and a possible release date on this new Zelda game.
Release date: September 25th, 2011.

New details on storyline.

"As you step through the brush, you sense something is off. You creep slowly toward the river that meanders through this small clearing. You peer into the water and only see your reflection staring back at you. Taking a few deep breaths to calm yourself, you turn around to look up and see a massive monster towering over you. Pulling your sword from its sheath and raising your shield — you look skyward and get ready for an epic battle.

Embark on Link’s greatest adventure yet with The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Full motion control is supported by the Wii MotionPlus accessory and allows Link’s actions to mirror your movements on-screen. Draw a bow and fire it, toss bombs at enemies and use your whip to solve puzzles with clear accuracy. The precision play control links every action of Link’s sword to your motions for intuitive gameplay. This new control applies to enemies as well — carefully plot your attacks, for your opponents actively try to defend themselves. New gameplay mechanics, beautifully designed visuals and intuitive controls allow you to begin Link’s most exciting quest yet."

Source

Contributed by avengedZC

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's also very common for retailers to put a random release date as a placement until they know the real release date.

A source of a retail store isn't credible at all.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Feels Good Man said:
It's also very common for retailers to put a random release date as a placement until they know the real release date.

Not getting my hopes up, cause yes I do agree I've seen this happen with other games as well. But I still do believe that it will be released this year.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BlackAce83 said:
Feels Good Man said:

Not getting my hopes up, cause yes I do agree I've seen this happen with other games as well. But I still do believe that it will be released this year.
Same thing I am hoping for.

Well on the bright side... what if the retail store is correct? Hmm... Big N will have more time to improve the overall game.

avengedZC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.zeldac.com
XP
Country
United States
Well they did provide new information such as the synopsis. Best Buy is a credible retailer and the president even attended the release of the 3DS, so they do have connections with Nintendo as it was launched at Best Buy.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Eh, I'll wait for the official announcement. Although I'm not surprised by the release date either. Just kind of bugs me how there aren't any games coming out until E3, and yet we still have a Kirby, Pokemon, and Zelda apparently ready to hit the shelves by the end of the year.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
damn. i thought this was coming out may sometime, but september? nooooo! i can't wait that long!!!!
cry.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So what will Link be this time? A scuba diver? An astronaut? A street prostitute? A clown molester working children's birthday parties? A meandering video game designer who ran out of good ideas decades ago?

D

Deleted User

Oh, for fuck's sake... First, they said Q1 2011. So I was like, "OK then,". Then Nintendo disappeared up the 3DS's backside and decided to ignore the fact that the Wii existed (millions of developers out there and the best game you can come up with is Top Spin 4?!)

Now, we have a September release date... Ugh; this makes me sick. Next thing at E3, Reggie will be announcing, "Oh, we've cancelled LoZ:SS for the Wii, but it's going to be out for the Wii 2 Q1 2012!" *bang*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1