Skyward Sword black screen problem.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Redpug987, Dec 10, 2012.

Dec 10, 2012
  1. Redpug987
    OP

Newcomer Redpug987 Newbie

United States
    For some reason, when I try and load Skyward Sword off of USB Loader GX, the 'Wii strap safety guide' comes up, but after that the screen stays black. I tried using different IOS'S, tried the alternative .dol method, but the Wii Motion tutorial screen doesn't pop up.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

2. blaisedinsd

Member blaisedinsd GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Skyward Sword has given my nothing but problems when USB loading. I got the game to run occasionally but would get hung up on a black screen randomly when loading a new area.

I gave up and just play it from the retail disc now. Works fine so I know my rip should have been fine as well. I tried following the guide at Wii hacks

http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-games/95708-guide-legend-zelda-skyward-sword.html

3. midnight1001

Newcomer midnight1001 Advanced Member

Australia
    Really my skyward sword game works flawlessly every time... :lol: Not sure why you guys are having problems...Region maybe or most likley you have to find the right iOS that works... Soz I can't check my settings until my cousin returns my wii

4. countertenor

Newcomer countertenor Member

United States
    make sure emunand is off for this game. I had the same problem.

5. svosin

Newcomer svosin Member

Russia
    Try to enable "Block IOS Reload" in options menu of your loader.

6. ccuevasm

Newcomer ccuevasm Member

Yes. Tried with USB Loader GX 3.0 (r1180) and D2x v8 final. When I turned off the emunand for this game, it worked perfect.

7. J-Machine

Member J-Machine Self proclaimed Pog champion

Canada
    I'm guessing you guys have never played a wii motion plus game before this one? If so the ios reloads to play a video on how the motionplus works. If you don't play from disk a wiimotion plus game first or leave IOS reload off, you'll have that problem everytime.

8. ccuevasm

Newcomer ccuevasm Member

You missed the point. we can start the game, but time to time, ususlly after the intro or cinematic, for example, the game hangs up, becsuse of the emunand.

9. J-Machine

Member J-Machine Self proclaimed Pog champion

Canada
    I responded to the op's request. how was I supposed to know your plight was different? I had the same issue that he did and thats how I fixed it...