SKY3ds won't switch games

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by pandaboii, Dec 29, 2014.

1. pandaboii
    OP

pandaboii Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    Hello, So out of nowhere i left my 3ds closed on the homescreen for a couple of hours and I opened and I tried to switch a game by pressing the blue button but nothing happened. There was no blue lights flashing or anything. I tried holding it for 5 seconds and nothing happened. The game wouldn't switch and the roms are okay as I was playing and switching roms fine in the morning. I tried turning of my ds ,switching sd cards and everything but when I did that my sky3ds flashed and reversed to the first game on my sd card. Please help

2. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    when your 3ds is on eject the cart and put it back in again.

3. pandaboii
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    i did. it fells like the button is not responding as whenever i press it nothing happens. But i dont think its possible that it could brake in 2 hours while charging on the bed

4. pandaboii
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    Anyone else know a fix?

5. xps2

xps2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    im not sure this going fix your problem try it

try this remove the micro sd card in your sky3ds card and power on your 3ds system with out the sky3ds inside now put it in you 3ds system you will see the blue led blink 3 time or flashing

now eject you sky3ds card then put in the micro sd card in sky3ds card then put back in your 3ds system then see if you can switch through all the game now

this here is with micro sd card in side shy3ds card
    or try this when you power on the the 3ds system without the sky3ds in side
    when you put in the sky3ds in your 3ds system when it click in hold the button for 5 second you see no led light then eject the sky3ds card then put it back then see if you can switch through all the game now

Hader likes this.
  6. pandaboii
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    It still doesnt work its like the blue button isnt responding anymore even thought it was just sitting and charging on my bed :/

7. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    send it back then.

8. pandaboii
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    :/ should i just get gateway then

9. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2013
    Croatia
    Yes, and I think your SKY3DS may be a defective one. Save corruptions, inability to read roms and now this you could have had used the 30-day return guarantee and bought a gateway.

10. pandaboii
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    Okay, so i will return but will new3dscard.co.uk refund me or just send a new one? :)

11. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2013
    Croatia
    IDK how that works, supposedly there's a 30 day return policy if you are unsatisfied. Now you gotta see your reseller will honor it.

12. TimeMuffin

TimeMuffin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2014
    Cyberspace

They will most likely give you a replacement, best to let them know your card is defective and after they give you an RMA number ask if you can have it replaced for another brand if possible.

13. pu1se80

pu1se80 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2014
    United States

Not if you're on latest firmware. Gateway will be useless in that case. 9.2 or lower is ok.

14. frjavi

frjavi Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2014
    Venezuela
    Try a diferent micro SD, I have same Issue and when I try another micro SD problem was solved. Some micro SD are not fully compatible with the Sky3DS

RedHunter likes this.
  15. pandaboii
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    I did and everything was working in the morning. Mayby it broke because it was on the home screen where the game is shown for too long. It was there charging while closed on the homescreen for 5 hours