Hacking Sky3DS+ Setup for Versions 10.7.0 -32?

TYunis245

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought a 3DSXL and I've already been banned using my Sky3ds+ so while I'm getting it unbanned I need some support trying to set it up properly including headers and how to actually ban proof my console. I've tried looking but the only support is out for downgraded versions. Is there any way of doing this for 10.7?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure unbanning requires kernel access, and 10.7 really only has software that can downgrade the system to 9.2. (Or homebrew/games/tools that don't access the kernel)

If you're worried about bricking: You can't really perma-brick unless you don't follow directions carefully. If you brick, it's almost guaranteed to be a softbrick, which you'd just enter recovery menu to update to the latest version (which is still 10.7)

If you want to update: Keep sysnand on 9.2 and continue to update through emunand.

EDIT: Oh whoops, I forgot you can't really hack 10.7 unless you have OoT, Cubic Ninja, or Sm4sh.

The first two require a way to edit the save file, either through an external tool like PowerSaves or an already-hacked 3DS. The latter requires Linux.

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure unbanning requires kernel access, and 10.7 really only has software that can downgrade the system to 9.2. (Or homebrew/games/tools that don't access the kernel)

If you're worried about bricking: You can't really perma-brick unless you don't follow directions carefully. If you brick, it's almost guaranteed to be a softbrick, which you'd just enter recovery menu to update to the latest version (which is still 10.7)

If you want to update: Keep sysnand on 9.2 and continue to update through emunand.

EDIT: Oh whoops, I forgot you can't really hack 10.7 unless you have OoT, Cubic Ninja, or Sm4sh.

The first two require a way to edit the save file, either through an external tool like PowerSaves or an already-hacked 3DS. The latter requires Linux.
Uh... The cubic ninja exploit is QR code based, then it downloads a payload with the 3DS's wifi connection...
No save editing required

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhhhh, I'm not thinking today, thanks for pointing that out. You can use any of those 3 games (although Sm4sh is N3DS only, according to another thread)

Reactions: LameNobody

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s