SKY3DS rom select fast skip?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by reiyu, Jul 3, 2015.

1. reiyu
    OP

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    is there a way to fast skip games with sky3ds? or even just reset the game slot to #1?

2. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    You can't "fast skip", no. You have to go through them one by one... which is less than ideal if you have more than 5-6 games (8-16 GB max card).

To start from the first game (usually Cubic Ninja), hold down the blue button while inserting the card, then reinsert it 2-3 times... Yeah, I know. :glare: This will probably wear out the cartridge spring if you keep fucking with it like this. The spring on my PSP's Memory Stick slot gave out eventually because of doing this.

3. Spzjulien

Spzjulien GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2012
    France
    now my gf sky3ds is little bit faster skiping... since i use faster micro SD card ....

4. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    The SD card doesn't matter that much, unless it's a Class 2 or Class 4 card... SDHC changed that.

Sky3DS has the switch ROM timings embedded into the hardware. You can't do anything about that. There isn't any way to update or modify the software that Sky3DS is running on.

5. reiyu
    OP

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    what does holding the blue button do while inserting the card?

6. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    To start from the first game, hold down the blue button while inserting the card, then reinsert it 2-3 times.

7. reiyu
    OP

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    ohh. thank you!

8. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    initialize sky3ds, you can start from the 1st game...not suggest to do that for too term use.