Hacking sky3ds questions

calibretto02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I got a sky3ds the other day, followed all the guides to properly installing everything with diskwriter. so when it comes to putting it into my 3ds i managed to get it to work the day i got it and it worked fine until last night when my game kept crashing on me. so i decided to add couple more games to it and now i cant get it to work. i put it into my 3ds and every 10 tries i get the quick flashing blue light so as i have read i remove it and put it back in but nothin happens. before i exited diskwriter i double checked that it showed how much space i had left, cause i read if it showed no space then somethin was wrong so that isnt an issue, i have the most up to date template.

so i am wondering if anyone has an idea of a way to fix this, am i doing it wrong?

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
Sometimes, when it blinks, you just leave it blinking and you go to settings. Go back and it'll show. It happened to me.

Reactions: cocoPika

ringo1206

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingston SD Card's do not work well with Sky3DS. When I tried one on one of my four Sky3ds's it only worked on one of them and frequently switches games randomly and fcks up my progress.

Reactions: jDSX

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingston SD Card's do not work well with Sky3DS. When I tried one on one of my four Sky3ds's it only worked on one of them and frequently switches games randomly and fcks up my progress.

Should put a disclaimer up that kingston SDs do not work with sky (blue button)

calibretto02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a sandisk class 10 16 gig. been at it off and on all day and the closest to workin ive gotten to is i do the press blue button when i put it in, remove, put back and get the fast blue flashing light, after that nothin still. tried takin out and putting back after the fast blue and nothin works. which is so weird since it worked fine the day before

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a lot of games on it, it will take a long time to have them show up/cycle them, or you may have a defective sd card?

calibretto02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i originally had 2 games then added 2 more then thats when it stopped workin. so i removed the 2 i added and still nothin. i hope its not the sd card, its brand new

calibretto02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ran the h2testw and everything came out okay 20151025_084751.jpg

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That should be fine it's a class 10 fast read write speeds this worries me.

Side note: Wow great I was about to buy this sd card how the heck do you get sky not to crash your own games on you? Is there some trick of doing it?

calibretto02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dunno, it worked perfectly the first couple days and now nothin. I'm wondering if my sky card is the issue, maybe a bad card or somethin? cause from everything ive seen and read, it shouldnt be this difficult to get to work

calibretto02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it started freezing on rune factory 4. i was maybe 5 or 6 hours into it, no problems at all. next day loaded it up and anywhere from a few minutes in to about 10 it would freeze. didnt matter where i was cause the freeze would happen so sporadically. the 3ds would then do a complete restart and ever since ive been having these issues.

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wondering if there is some well documented game compatibility list or SD cards list that would help future buyers of sky avoid game crashing and unreliability with certain brand SDs

calibretto02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that would be helpful, luckily i got my card on sale so i didnt spend too much on it but havin a list of all that would be useful

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what.. I think we need to format the SDs to fat32 try doing that @calibretto02 reformat the micro to fat32 using a sd formatter (windows doesn't do it right) mine is in fat maybe if I reformat it to fat32 it will stop freezing, let me know!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34