Hacking SKY3DS issues with Datel PowerSaves

AzazelVII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all just a Quick Noob Question here i recently bought a sky3ds blue button cart and have put the following roms on the micro SD card:
Pokemon Omega Ruby (EU)
Pokemon Art Academy (EU)
Bravely Default (EU)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3d (EU)
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (EU)

I have played each game to the first save, so that i could check if the cart is compatible with the power save i only use for backing up my save data on most games, however currently the only ROM working with power save is Pokemon Omega Ruby?

Is there a reason why this happens? if so is there any fix out there for other games to be made compatible?
when I with the other Roms i keep getting looped through a quick flicker of the screen and then "No Game cart inserted" back and forth if i take the cartridge out when it's in the 0.75 seconds of checking the database it say "Unsupported Game"

Is this happening only for me or is this some kind of incompatibility with the power save and Sky3ds?

AzazelVII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is that so but then why does Pokemon Omega Ruby work Fine with Power save??
i'm going to take a wild guess and say Pokemon X/Y and OR/AS work With Power save

JimBonza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure TBPH. I couldn't get X/Y ORAS working at all and they're pretty much the games I got the Powersaves for along with Monster Hunter

AzazelVII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah my Pokemon Omega Ruby works fine on Power-save.
going to test my theory of the other games in a second when i have all four games downloaded and on my sky3ds card.
probably try along side mh3u

AzazelVII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just Finished Testing Pokemon X/Y and Pokemon Omega Ruby (Couldn't Find EU Alpha Sapphire Rom) work fine on Powersave but MH3U puts me through the same loop as the other Roms do.
Any reason this would Happen?

JimBonza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm I'm going to have to try this again, maybe it's cos I'm on the old red card it doesn't work ;_;

AzazelVII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If That's the case i'm slightly confused as to what they did to make it work with power save because i would;d like Bravely Default and MH4U to be updated with this compatibility patch??
and if it's because of the older model than I might send SKY3DS a message asking what has caused this change to occur and whether they plan on adding compatibility later for the other ROM to be usable on Power save.

Venos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If That's the case i'm slightly confused as to what they did to make it work with power save because i would;d like Bravely Default and MH4U to be updated with this compatibility patch??
and if it's because of the older model than I might send SKY3DS a message asking what has caused this change to occur and whether they plan on adding compatibility later for the other ROM to be usable on Power save.

Did you ever get ahold of the Sky3DS team? The reason that PowerSaves works with Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS (and a handful of other games) on Sky3DS is because they are "Card2" games, meaning the save file is written directly to the cart. This is why PowerSaves can read the save file for these games. Most 3DS games are "Card1" games and unfortunately they are not compatible with PowerSaves when using Sky3DS. I learned this the hard way. There is a ROM type converter (Card1 to Card2) available but unfortunately this does not help with Sky3DS, either. I hope someday there is a workaround to make Card1 games work with PowerSaves..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse