Hacking Question Since SX OS will use cartridge "back ups" , do we need to change the headers to play online?

James310

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the 3ds if two 3ds roms went online with the same header at the same time it sends a alert to nintendo which gets your 3ds banned unless you use your own private header, is this a issue with the switch?, since its not a eshop title thats being installed but a backup that thousands of people are downloading from a single source...

D

Deleted-442439

Yep carts use individual headers, so you will presumably be banned if you go online with a pirated XCI

Blank67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm a noob about all that piracy stuff, but I have a question.
I saw in the FAQ that you can update your pirated games just like the legit one.
But then, isn't that a way to get banned or something?
Oh and, second question, I don't really care about being banned if it's just for the online, but can we update games while banned?

James310

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep carts use individual headers, so you will presumably be banned if you go online with a pirated XCI
Im suprised theres no tutorials about extracting your own header from a useless game you own or any warnings about this because becuase the sx pro will arrive to people's houses in 2 days and thousands of people have their roms ready that the got from *****, word needs to be spread asap...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm a noob about all that piracy stuff, but I have a question.
I saw in the FAQ that you can update your pirated games just like the legit one.
But then, isn't that a way to get banned or something?
Oh and, second question, I don't really care about being banned if it's just for the online, but can we update games while banned?
your blocked from nintendo servers, so possible not sadly...

Last edited by James310,
Reactions: Revard

Blank67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Im suprised theres no tutorials about extracting your own header from a useless game you own or any warnings about this because becuase the sx pro will arrive to people's houses in 2 days and thousands of people have their roms ready that the got rom *****, word needs to be spread asap...

Well, that's a shame, but I guess that, just like on the Wii U, we'll get something to update our games. Thanks for answering anyway!

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Im suprised theres no tutorials about extracting your own header from a useless game you own or any warnings about this because becuase the sx pro will arrive to people's houses in 2 days and thousands of people have their roms ready that the got rom *****, word needs to be spread asap...

The consoles banned so far can still access game updates, just no eshop access

Reactions: Batpeter
D

Deleted-442439

There have been several warnings. People should not go online with backups, they are all unique now, Nintendo can ban the console cert so does not matter if you use a different header, you are fucked either way. People that use backups on Switch basically accept to stay offline forever or get banned there is no unbanning or avoidance this time

Revard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think you only get an online ban for online play and eshop access.
System updates and game updates shouldn't be blocked, cause you paid for a console, games and support.

Masacci0

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I believe they're forced by law(maybe not in all countries) to offer complete support of your device. Thay could probably prove you're breaking policy agreement, but it would take time and money, so they only prevent to the online part that law don't enforce them to offer.

My suppositions tho, based on generic law knowledge.

Reactions: Jay Boy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.coca-cola.com/xe/en/media-center/wozzaah-launch