Since Mii Maker has access to gamepad camera...

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by OriginalHamster, May 27, 2016.

1. OriginalHamster
    OP

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    And HBL patch Mii Maker to make use of the app hadware access (SD card), it would be possible develop an app around gamepad camera? Since Mii Maker has camera access? There is camera libs available out there?

2. brienj

brienj Trying to avoid getting cancer

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    The camera works in an app I made that launches with Loadiine. Unfortunately, that particular app can't be shared publicly. I may make one in the future that can be shared.

OriginalHamster likes this.
  3. TiMeBoMb4u2

TiMeBoMb4u2 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2008
    United States
    I think there is a homebrew app that allows screenshots to a local server. However, I'd like to see one developed that allows screenshots, or video capture, to an SD Card!

4. OriginalHamster
    OP

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I'm courious about the bolded

5. brienj

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    It's made with official Nintendo tools, and without their permission, it can't be shared publicly. Unless you all want to start a GoFundMe for my legal defense. :D

Last edited by brienj, May 27, 2016
  6. OriginalHamster
    OP

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I'm talking about the physical camera lens, no buffer screenshots.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

lol
    I see

7. brienj

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Using the camera is one thing I wanted to get working with a Homebrew Launcher app, just haven't had time to mess with it yet. There is a camera.rpl and some documentation in other sources if it's not on the wiki. ;)

There shouldn't be any reason it wouldn't work in a Homebrew app, as long as you used the functions correctly. In simplest form, you would basically have to create the texture from it to use with the GX2 graphics.