Silly n00b questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jjdavola, Jul 23, 2009.

Jul 23, 2009

Silly n00b questions by jjdavola at 4:09 PM (1,093 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. jjdavola
    OP

Newcomer jjdavola Member

United States
    I did a search, but didn't see anything on point.

1) I have 4.0 on my Wii and HBC and everything running perfectly. Is there a way to run HBC and therefore access USB Loader GX etc. without the SD card (e.g., install it all directly on my Wii). I know I can get another SD card for around $5, but didn't know if I had to.

2) Is there a simple way to get Disc Channels for certain games rather than going to HBC, USB Loader GX etc.? Again, not a big deal, but this would be schweeeeeeeeet! If so, are there any n00b-proof step-by-step instructions to do so? FYI I tried creating a Disc Channel through WBFS, but it didn't work or I didn't know what I was doing.

Thanks!!!

2. jabmaster2

Member jabmaster2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    As far as your first question u can run some homebrew of USB hard drive on fat partition I think. I don't understand the second question. I say just get a an sd card cheap easy. To install USB loader on ur wii you need the wad channel and it will run off ur wii. Only thing is u can't update wad I don't think.The channel is on USB loader gx thread first page

3. Deviyl

Member Deviyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    1) Yes. Install the channel.

2) Loadstructor

4. jjdavola
    OP

Newcomer jjdavola Member

United States
    What do you mean by "Install the channel"?

I will look into Loadstructor. [​IMG]

5. jabmaster2

United States
    Wads are channels on the wii. The program called wad manager will install wads or( wii channels on ur wii). Downlaod wadmanager put it in a folder called "apps" in root of ur USB drive on fat partition. Next on the root of the same drive put folder called "wads". In the folder put the USB loader gx channel wad from their thread. Make sure it's the channel and not a forwader. Finnaly run wadmanager through hbc and install the USB loader gx wad and boom it's on ur wii.

6. jjdavola
    OP

Newcomer jjdavola Member

United States

Thanks, but I have Wad Manager and USB Loader GX already installed and working fine. Now I'm really confused.

7. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    I think s/he's saying to use the USB drive to keep the usbloader dol rather than an SD card and it should work that way.

8. jabmaster2

United States
    I'm really confused if u have it installed why did u ask how to put it on ur wii not from sd card.

9. Deviyl

Member Deviyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you have it installed as a channel on your Wii, you don't need the sd card at all (unless it is a forwarder). So since you said you have usb loader gx installed as a channel.. you can pop the sd card out and it will work fine.

10. jjdavola
    OP

Newcomer jjdavola Member

United States
    I don't have USB loader as a channel. It's in HBC and I wanted to avoid the extra steps. IT JUST HIT ME!!!! Is everyone saying once I have HBC and everything installed it is on my Wii and I won't need the SD card again? [​IMG]

Sorry for confusing everyone. Either way, Loadstructor should help my second question and I guess I'll get a small SD card (if I even need one) for my first question. Unless of course someone has a better idea.

11. jabmaster2

United States
    Yes an sd card is easiest. But like I said u can run homebrew off ur USB drive too to install the channels. There is a thread on it. You need a fat partition first primary on ur hard drive. And u can set that up like normal sd card and it should run the apps so u can install the channels. Yes you can use the channels without a sd card only thing is you can't use the update button for USB loader gx. You have to unistall old gx channel and install the latest channel wad.

12. pin

Member pin GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Sorry to hijack the thread but does that mean I can run Wiiware and VC stuff from USB-HDD too?
    I think I'm on system menu 3.2 and have HBC etc installed.

Ta

13. FireFreek

Member FireFreek GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No

14. FireFreek

Member FireFreek GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Accidental double post

15. pin

Member pin GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    A very final reply - so I assume its just HB you can from from HDD then?

16. thc42O

Banned thc42O Banned

Canada
    Heres what u need to do

Find a USBloader .wad file *i think wadder.net has one*

to make disc channel load games find cIOSCORP

install all the wads from cioscorp using wad manager

Google IOS60BF and then install that wad also.

disc loading and usbloader without a sd card should all be working now. hope i was of some assistance.