Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

D

Deleted User

How would this lead to the downfall of Luma?
Sighax is just an arm9 exploit like any other. It just happens to run at boot without execution of garbage data.
Sighax can sign firmware. It might lead to a better CFW. That's what luma was at the time of a9lh

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sighax can sign firmware. It might lead to a better CFW. That's what luma was at the time of a9lh
unless some people can find more to offer than luma, some people might not even bother switching.

I know I just modded my friend's 3ds with A9LH, and it took LOTS of convincing...

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone actually has to write one. It's all patches right now. Luma3DS is the most noob friendly. I don't see it going away or getting dethroned anytime soon. Only way would be if Plailect replaced Luma3DS in the Guide or if someone made a one click CFW installation with a different CFW.

D

Deleted User

Someone actually has to write one. It's all patches right now. Luma3DS is the most noob friendly. I don't see it going away or getting dethroned anytime soon. Only way would be if Plailect replaced Luma3DS in the Guide or if someone made a one click CFW installation with a different CFW.
Anybody can take this https://github.com/yellows8/3dshax and add its features, including luma, but I want to see something new. Everybody deserves their turn.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. But imo the Luma devs, bless their commitment and work, seem entitled to me. I just don't really like people all that well, and they rub me the wrong way. Their work is incredible tho.
Well, don't use it then. They can be as entitled as they want. It's open source. You or anyone else can fork and write your own. It's not like NTR that Cell9 made closed source. There are other CFW on the scene. I think Corbenik is on par with Luma3DS in terns of features.

Having sighax isn't really going to change the CFW scene unless there is some dev just waiting for sighax to release their awesome CFW to make it truly noob friendly by outdoing the Guide.

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Less bricks on 2.1.0.
*Hopes and dreams that you can close your N3DS without bricking on 2.1 o3ds* the newer version obviously. Not the current version. I would highly doubt the new Pailect guide update will support sighax. That stuff takes time and patience. Also I hope that Luma3DS can be ported to sighax as that CFW option. Still gonna keep A9LH obviously.

Last edited by Deleted member 350372, , Reason: ehhh ,why not?

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
presumably once sighax is done you could fakesign firmware and possibly do dns tricks to get it to install. or bundle it with a cart image.

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One can only hope so... Unless it's already confirmed which idk.
the only reason to downgrade is to get the console specific otp which the system locks out after 2.1. since you have access to everything before boot you can easily dump it using sighax

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

She would disagree with you, but whatever.
whatch his streams, twitch.tv/hedgeberg, I can alao cut that part out when he said "So as most if you know I am hedgeberg, and I am reverse engineering the 3DS"

Reactions: el_gonz87

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
*NAND access
exactly the same thing. the arm9 processor is the only one that has nand r/w access, so if you have control over the arm9 processor you also have nand access.

Oh and by the way, Plailects Guide Update is the usage of SafeCtrTransfer and GodMode9 instead of Decrypt9, Not SigHax as obviously we don't have prot_boot9.bin yet since Hedge had cable issues.

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exactly the same thing. the arm9 processor is the only one that has nand r/w access, so if you have control over the arm9 processor you also have nand access.

Oh and by the way, Plailects Guide Update is the usage of SafeCtrTransfer and GodMode9 instead of Decrypt9, Not SigHax as obviously we don't have prot_boot9.bin yet since Hedge had cable issues.
Ahh. Okay. Did Hedge fix those issues yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE