should i use a vpn for ps1 games pkgj?

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've seen someone say pkgj isnt't detectable by isp's since it supposedly connects directly to sony's servers, but there's quite a lot of ps1/psp games that aren't officially sold on psn.

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'll be honest and say i'm not just gonna take your word on it, i'd rather know why exactly it's safe before risking it. i've gotten penalised by my isp for using soulseek of all things

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'll be honest and say i'm not just gonna take your word on it, i'd rather know why exactly it's safe before risking it. i've gotten penalised by my isp for using soulseek of all things

Not from downloading from pkgj, it is different compare to when you are torrenting. If you want to you can create a vpn on your router/computer and share it with your vita, but like I said, no one have gotten trouble downloading it from pkgj, it is different when you try to sell the data, that when you get into trouble with Sony, then they have evidence against you, that what happened to some idiot trying to sell fpkg game on a PS4.

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're worried about it, it certainly doesn't hurt anything to use a VPN. I have no experience with this app myself but generally when downloading anything iffy I also use a VPN or otherwise spoof my IP. I too have been hit with copyright notices in the past for torrenting so I tend to be more cautious. To each their own tho *shrugs*

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thing is, i'm not even able to use a vpn right now. someone else in the house got us enough warnings that we lost internet for two days (was gonna be a week) and our isp halted his use of a vpn. somehow. i don't currently have my own credit card, so even if i signed up for one on data, the payment would be sent to someone else in a text and i'd get in trouble

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtonVPN offers a free tier. It's not compatible with P2P but should work just fine for this use

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Soulseek handles nothing but pirated material, whereas Sony's servers are handling their legit content. Your ISP will not know the difference between you downloading content from there via pkgj or buying it legit from the Sony store.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong