Gaming Should I get it or invest somewhere else

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi im new to the sony community i bought a ps2 with my own money and my dad has a ps1 on the basement but thats about for sony devices in the house i really have a mixed bag of consoles i have a wii,wii u, xbox 360, pc, 3ds (these have accumulated over the years) so i love my 3ds i like the great Pokemon games and stuff but I've been thinking a lot about they sony side and for a handheld and i am considering the vita. the reason i dont want to get it is bc the Nintendo switch is coming out and i really dont want my parents to pay for a pre-paid card for psn when they already pay the phone bill and for Xbox live. im so lost right now i dont know what to do any and i mean ANY options will be appreciated

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd be awfully tempted to just wait on the switch at this point. you could also check out a used PSP and get it hacked and check out all the PSP catalogue, which is huge, varied and great

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Depends on the games you want. If you want the PS4 exclusives, then get a PS4. If you want the upcoming Nintendo games, save up for the Switch. You could buy anything you want. Just know what games you want to play first. We can't play 'em all. Tried it. haha.

Small Kat

PC addict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be awfully tempted to just wait on the switch at this point. you could also check out a used PSP and get it hacked and check out all the PSP catalogue, which is huge, varied and great
Like some people said, its up to your preference.

BUT!

Let me hit you with a pro and cons list.

Ps4
Pros:
Great exclusives.
Good quality.
Cons:
Not much games for that console.
You have to pay for online.

PsVita:
Good exclusives(not so great though).
Good framerate and quality.
Can be hacked and used as a very strong emulator device.
Cons:
Barely any games in that console.
Barely any online interaction in games.
Price is high for console and games.

Switch:
(I cant make a pro and cons list with a co sole thats not even released...sorry )

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you can probably find a psp 2000, or a psp go for $50 or less. have it hacked in 10 minutes or less, and then browse thru the hundreds of good games available for it (not including all the SNES and PS1 games you can play on it as well)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he...